Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2010, 02:23 AM   #12
REDDYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by baz
Are you sure the inlet has to come off to change plugs,my mechanic says they don't, although its a ***** of a job to do the back ones

NO! To change plugs you don't have to touch inlet manifold at all.3/8" universal joint will do the trick. I changed plugs on my cat without taking anything off. However, to change rocker cover gaskets, intake manifold has to come off and doesnt mean that you have to change inlet manifold gasket unless its leaking. If the inlet gasket is in good shape you don't have to touch that at all, just take the intake manifold off and you can access front and rear rockers. I had ordered rocker gaskets and inlet gaskets but only changed rocker gaskets. There are 2 inlet gaskets. Its easy to change the top one and its ****** hard to change the bottom one. Its complicated. There is a lower intake manifold which sits between head and intake manifold. To take this lower intake manifold off you need to take the fuel injector railing off, (not sure but may be you need to take injectors off too along with railing) wiring harness off, disconnect fuel line from railing and secondary throttle cable off. I didnt had much time to take all this stuff off and the inlet gaskets on my car were perfect so, didnt bother to change them. They can be changed anytime by just taking off intake manifold. Its just 6 bolts, throttle cable couple of electrical plugs and a clamp to remove flexi intake pipe. And then ofcourse all the mess railing, wiring, injectors, lower inlet manifold.....

Yogi
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post