Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 29-04-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Default CD problems - again

I just put the one CD into my head unit that actually showed the name and track name, and now the f*cking thing won't come out.

It doesn't even show up on the unit as a CD, but it is playing, and when I press 'eject' it comes up with a 'Please wait' message and after about 3 minutes I gave up waiting and left it in there.

Anyone got any ideas of how to get a CD out? I pressed the eject button for a while thinking that it might help, but it just came up with 'please wait' and 'eject all', but it didn't reject it.

Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
Katoomba

Can't help you on your CD problem but you've raised the spectre that worries me the most about buying cars (of any brand) at this level: with all the electronic gadgetry, there's just so much more to go wrong and probably cost an arm and a leg to get fixed (didn't someone mention windscreens are around the $1000 mark? Zetec keys are around $250-300 according my dealer - he wasn't game enough to tell me the cost if you'd lost both them which he says will require a new ignition harness.).
Katoomba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
I just put the one CD into my head unit that actually showed the name and track name, and now the f*cking thing won't come out.

It doesn't even show up on the unit as a CD, but it is playing, and when I press 'eject' it comes up with a 'Please wait' message and after about 3 minutes I gave up waiting and left it in there.

Anyone got any ideas of how to get a CD out? I pressed the eject button for a while thinking that it might help, but it just came up with 'please wait' and 'eject all', but it didn't reject it.
try this...use a plastic ruler at one end use double sided tape slowly slide it in to one side of centre tilt the back end up[to press tape on cd] and try to lift the CD up unless you want to find a way of pulling the whole unit out!! good luck

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post