Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 20-09-2021, 12:21 PM   #1
slowsnake
Banned

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Geez I hate it when I make a decision and others in authority try to sway me away from my personal choices, tell me "oh you are wrong" yet I feel my choice is right!

Why is my opinion worthless one day and worthwhile the next!..

Cheers Billy

Cheers Billy
slowsnake is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 13-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #2
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

know the feeling, sympathy with you all.
Old 21-09-2021, 01:12 AM   #3
marty351
Shenanigans..............

I hate that too!
marty351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 21-09-2021, 12:08 PM   #4
slowsnake
Banned

Thanks Marty, glad I'm not on my own there, but I just cannot tolerate such underhandedness!.......sign of a weak character, just as easy to post a reply and say what you think, that's what forums are, a place to debate!

Cheers Billy
Old 22-09-2021, 05:58 PM   #5
.:4:.
Kicking back

Calling the bank. Being on hold for half an hour just to have the issue resolved in under 2 minutes. 100% its not the call centre persons fault, they just work there so im never rude to them, but seriously, 2pm on a wednesday, how backed up can the phonelines be? I picked that time assuming that the majority of people requesting replacement atm cards have better things to spend their time.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 22-09-2021, 09:38 PM   #6
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Not sold on iOS 15 yet. It’s trying too hard to be extra helpful; shades of Clippy. Plus the walking speed isn’t calculating right. 😤
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2021, 11:44 AM   #7
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi View Post
Not sold on iOS 15 yet. It’s trying too hard to be extra helpful; shades of Clippy. Plus the walking speed isn’t calculating right. 😤
Plus, moving the “X” to close a browser window, to the opposite corner - why?

Also hating that I caught an occasional acquaintance with his hat off yesterday, it revealed that he’s having chemo - poor bugger has lost every strand of hair; head, face, eyebrows, arms. I knew he was dealing with cancer but thought it was in hand eighteen months ago. He wants to get straight on his bike after restrictions ease, but I worry he’s lost the strength to ride safely.
Old 23-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #8
Kicking back

So i got a new menu from my local italian joint. So they discontinued the potato pie pizza. Id ordered it twice, its proper good, but sounds horrid on paper. Gravy on a pizza? Yes its the deffinition of savory or booring, but they did it good. I assume nobody else didn't have the same sentiment. They've replaced it with something kind of similar, bbq sauce instead of gravy, same mash but a few extra meats on top.
So yeah, I'll give that a go tonight. I'll form an official opinion then. Going from savoury to sweet and savoury, thats the part I'll have to work out.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-09-2021, 09:01 PM   #9
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
So i got a new menu from my local italian joint. So they discontinued the potato pie pizza. Id ordered it twice, its proper good, but sounds horrid on paper. Gravy on a pizza? Yes its the deffinition of savory or booring, but they did it good. I assume nobody else didn't have the same sentiment. They've replaced it with something kind of similar, bbq sauce instead of gravy, same mash but a few extra meats on top.
So yeah, I'll give that a go tonight. I'll form an official opinion then. Going from savoury to sweet and savoury, thats the part I'll have to work out.
Ordered the potato turns out abomination pizza. No further comment.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #10
slowsnake
Banned

Was going to reply to your first post, and tell you it sounds like an abomination!.....fair dinkum, that was before your second post!..

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #11
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Remembering its a F un Public holiday here when I was about to leave for the quarry.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #12
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Ordered the potato turns out abomination pizza. No further comment.
I reckon I could have told you that before you ordered it in the first place.

2 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 01:59 PM   #13
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I reckon I could have told you that before you ordered it in the first place.
Sometimes you have to take a risk to get a reward. The gravy and mash pizza was good even though it sounded horrid on paper. But the changes they made i did think about before ordering. This italian joint is top notch. Never had a bum meal. So i went with faith on that one. But you never know untill you try it. If youve never tried something you dont know if you dont like it. Kind of like jam and cheese on toast. Before i tried that i would have blindly said i dont like it. I only tried it because my grandpa loves it. I wouldn't say i love it, but its not a bad combo.
I do have one mate who wont try anything he thinks he wont like. Example being beetroot. He has never even had it, so how can you form an opinion? Another being pork. And thats not a religious thing, and most of us know pigs are the mirical meat. Pork, ham, bacon, bacon steaks, ham steaks, speck, ribs.....
Old 24-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #14
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Sometimes you have to take a risk to get a reward. The gravy and mash pizza was good even though it sounded horrid on paper. ..
They served it on paper ?

I thought I ordered the weirdest things on menu's but that has got to be the worst.

I remember ordering deep fried Camembert with Rasberry Jus from a flash restaurant in Kiama. When the waiter asked me what I thought about it, I replied, "Thats the best jam donut I've ever eaten'....he and my partner were mortified.

5 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 10:41 PM   #15
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I squished a frog the other night by accident. My outside light doesn't work and they are usually in the garden or on the grass but haven't seen any in ages.

It would have been about the size of a 50c coin and I think about how big my pergola is and how many 50c coins you could fit in it and how unlikely it would be for me to step on it. Maggie ****ed off with the remains this arvo. Poor bastard :(

I have got my torch out just to make sure now.
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-09-2021, 11:41 PM   #16
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Kermit forgives you
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-09-2021, 09:34 AM   #17
slowsnake
Banned

The President of France doesn't..........

Cheers Billy
Old 25-09-2021, 10:45 AM   #18
slowsnake
Banned

Again reading my Saturday newspaper, of course it's all about the footy, the AFL final at Optus Stadium!...I hate AFL, but I love F1 and Moto Gp and WSB.
But sadly I turn the page to find an old couple from Capel were bludgeoned to death in the family home, hard working folk, retired and thinking of their future together, it sparked my interest when it mentioned their 47 year old son was arrested for their murder, bloody hell and I thought I had problems, my interest was piqued so I read the whole article, and the last sentence said that they were hard-working but struggled with a family member with disabilities!

Was this disability a mental health issue, one that affected the son who killed them?
If so why was there no outside help for these poor folk, I don't consider a person with self induced schizophrenic illness a disability, I consider it an excuse by the powers that be to disown these patients and kick em out of a psychiatric ward to live at home, with elderly parents who cannot do what the doctors couldn't do?

Who is to blame here?....so bloody sad, I feel this ****, always have!

Cheers Billy
3 users like this post:
Old 26-09-2021, 10:04 PM   #19
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Telling someone to give the beehives a wide berth, they’ve been stirred up three times in the last week-and-a-bit.

No listen.

Bee stings said person beautifully on eye socket, it came up a real shiner because they foolishly rubbed it and pressed most of the venom in.

Yes, I hate losing a bee.
3 users like this post:
Old 27-09-2021, 01:38 AM   #20
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Telling someone to give the beehives a wide berth, they’ve been stirred up three times in the last week-and-a-bit.

No listen.

Bee stings said person beautifully on eye socket, it came up a real shiner because they foolishly rubbed it and pressed most of the venom in.

Yes, I hate losing a bee.
Breed hornets instead, you only do it once!.....then go back to bees.

Cheers BillyD
Old 27-09-2021, 07:12 PM   #21
Kicking back

So my local italian joint discontinued the gravy and potato pizza, and that was actually pretty good even if it sounded weird. They replaced it with something similar but bbq instead of gravy and it was horrid. So thats been taken off the menu. So im not upset about that. So I'll give my culinary report later when its been consumed, it sounds equally as bad, hence why i ordered it, but back to a gravy base, no longer potato, the rest is standard issue pizza. Hmmmmm. We shall see.
Old 27-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #22
Kicking back

Quote:
So my local italian joint discontinued the gravy and potato pizza, and that was actually pretty good even if it sounded weird. They replaced it with something similar but bbq instead of gravy and it was horrid. So thats been taken off the menu. So im not upset about that. So I'll give my culinary report later when its been consumed, it sounds equally as bad, hence why i ordered it, but back to a gravy base, no longer potato, the rest is standard issue pizza. Hmmmmm. We shall see.
So not bad. Id order again.
Old 28-09-2021, 09:10 AM   #23
slowsnake
Banned

Police arrest a child killer, but took em 16yrs to build a case?....he was the only mongrel in the unit where the kiddie was murdered by this " thing" ..
I watched it on TV last night, channel 9, w h y so long, why?

Cheers BillyQ
Old 28-09-2021, 10:04 AM   #24
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Police arrest a child killer, but took em 16yrs to build a case?....he was the only mongrel in the unit where the kiddie was murdered by this " thing" ..
I watched it on TV last night, channel 9, w h y so long, why?

Cheers BillyQ
They have to line up their evidence ducks to ensure a proper case. They can’t just arrest someone without it, or they’ll be back out on the street.

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 28-09-2021, 10:19 AM   #25
slowsnake
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzvtil View Post
They have to line up their evidence ducks to ensure a proper case. They can’t just arrest someone without it, or they’ll be back out on the street.
Yes I do understand that, but its not DNA evidence, mother goes shopping and come back and her baby is dead, I mean dead!
He was not the father just a neighbour turned boyfriend?

But he was the only person there, surely there is a good case?
Same Detective on case for 16 years, that's since 2005, surely put a new Detective on to it, a fresh pair of eyes, it just really sh.ts me to tears, that's all I was saying, but geez I hate that, I really do, he's a maggot, and it really upsets me

Cheers BillyS
Old 01-10-2021, 10:49 PM   #26
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When you have a IT change request scheduled with detailed installed plan tested in lower levels without issue and you hit every wall you could in prod. I got there eventually but **** me dead it was hard!

IT life. And **** the paper pushers too. Literally too many of them
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2021, 04:13 PM   #27
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Latest Alfa is refusing to lock.

Hopefully just storm-affected, not attempted forced entry.

Diagnostics laptop was flat, now on charge. And I flattened all my Makita batteries by not realising the charger wasn’t powered on.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:51 PM   #28
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Latest Alfa is refusing to lock.

Hopefully just storm-affected, not attempted forced entry.

Diagnostics laptop was flat, now on charge. And I flattened all my Makita batteries by not realising the charger wasn’t powered on.
Nothing a few beers and a good pizza won’t fix
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2021, 06:34 PM   #29
Gypzy
FG XR6 Tray back

When on a long weekend at home with a list of chores banking up and you grab the hammer. Haven't swung one for a while so on the third strike, i was pretty confident!!! Missed the nail i was concentrating on and got me thumb. Could of heard the swearing kilometers away. Black as now and stinging big time. All this before any alcohol intake, which has probably made it worse now by taking any pain killers, mixed with the now loads of alcohol intake.
Puts a dampener on tomorows chores, chainsaw a tree that needs clearing!!
And the dishes will have to wait another week before they get done.
Gypzy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2021, 06:52 PM   #30
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypzy View Post
When on a long weekend at home with a list of chores banking up and you grab the hammer. Haven't swung one for a while so on the third strike, i was pretty confident!!! Missed the nail i was concentrating on and got me thumb. Could of heard the swearing kilometers away. Black as now and stinging big time. All this before any alcohol intake, which has probably made it worse now by taking any pain killers, mixed with the now loads of alcohol intake.
Puts a dampener on tomorows chores, chainsaw a tree that needs clearing!!
And the dishes will have to wait another week before they get done.
Mate it could be worse. A thumb nail that goes black aftet a foul swing is not good. I lost the nail on my left thumb when i was 17. So 17 years ago. A foul swing on that didgit is completely the opposite of happy making. That being said, thumbs i havent had a good run with. I have had my other thumb (right) re attached before. It was cut off but not heaps bad. It went back on good.