Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-08-2024, 05:24 PM   #2851
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Never trust banks, and in my opinion close your mortgage, you really don't need it, plus you now have an asset that will cover any type of loan including a mortgage, if the needs arises again.
Should the unthinkable happen and I need to re-mortgage then it won't cost me anything to do it.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2024, 09:26 PM   #2852
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
Should the unthinkable happen and I need to re-mortgage then it won't cost me anything to do it.
Just remember your property title is still in their hands (mortgaged), not cleared to you, something to think about against a modest loan fee.
I was thinking the same as you but decided to get the title back under our name & cleared from the Bank.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-08-2024, 10:34 PM   #2853
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Depending on how much you would need to borrow, the fact that you own your home any bank will throw money at you without the home as security, you have already proven yourself by paying it off, the only time you would need the mortgage again is if you were borrowing to buy another house/s.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2024, 10:38 PM   #2854
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I’d be interested to hear PeterB-CV8’s take on this.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2024, 08:21 AM   #2855
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's the age old dilemma.... My personal feeling is to get the Bank to register their Discharge of Mortgage - so that your Title deed is clear. It's a great feeling to know that a Bank isn't part of your life anymore :-) Yes, it will cost you a couple of hundred dollars - but it's a worthwhile expense just for the peace of mind.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-08-2024, 08:44 AM   #2856
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

What about the obligation angle; borrowers are generally supposed to inform lenders of changes to their personal situation that credit was originally predicated upon? Surely it would make redrawing difficult if one was honest about retirement…
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2024, 08:59 AM   #2857
Peter B - CV8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just because the Bank might already hold a property as security doesn't mean that they don't have to carry out a complete credit assessment when you ask them for a loan.
Sometimes it can be a good idea to pay the loan balance right down, but keep it open & with access to loan redraw, if you are unsure if you'll meet the Bank's credit assessment criteria. Obviously you'd also need to know that you can meet loan repayments etc.
Peter B - CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-08-2024, 10:38 AM   #2858
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter B - CV8 View Post
It's the age old dilemma.... My personal feeling is to get the Bank to register their Discharge of Mortgage - so that your Title deed is clear. It's a great feeling to know that a Bank isn't part of your life anymore :-) Yes, it will cost you a couple of hundred dollars - but it's a worthwhile expense just for the peace of mind.
yep here here, I actually told my wife over the years lets keep the mortgage open for the ease of borrowing or investing or whatever - in time she said I'd like to finally have OUR title for ourselves its our badge of honour and I got to agree its a wonderful feeling.
I really don't see what gain there is keeping the acc open ?
Your cashed up, no debt, easy as **** if I like to open another loan with ease.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #2859
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Why is it......

That owners management of long established businesses think its acceptable to say "We've been doing this for xx years, we know better than you" when an employee identifies issues & raises concerns?

That management will accept what at best is mediocre performance from employees, overload the few employees they have that are actually fighting to keep the place afloat, then complain about poor performance?
Old Today, 12:54 PM   #2860
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Why is it......

That owners management of long established businesses think its acceptable to say "We've been doing this for xx years, we know better than you" when an employee identifies issues & raises concerns?

That management will accept what at best is mediocre performance from employees, overload the few employees they have that are actually fighting to keep the place afloat, then complain about poor performance?
I suspect what type of company your applying this to ?
Public or private, so many factors come into this but I know what you mean.
Like the ol term, my way or the highway as well.
I'm not listenning, well that all comes down what style of appraoch and outlook the fish's head has.
IF you don't value good employees input it just recycle and rinse outlook.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 08:23 PM   #2861
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
Why is it......

I'm currently observing this at the moment. A recent crackdown on the productivity of a few select employees, completely at odds to managements lack of productivity. Remember, just because you show up and stay on the premises longer every day, that doesn't necessarily mean you are working harder or more efficiently than others.

And guess who is the overloaded in this scenario? And guess who has to listen to the complaints so and so isn't working hard enough, then wanting to highlight the subject of daily chit chat at the counter over coffee every morning is a waste of 45 - 60 minutes. Or doing trivial jobs over more pressing concerns. I could go on and on but................
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 09:01 PM   #2862
AMB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always has a helpful answer in the technical sections, wether it's giving information on a simple diagnosis with a small issue, Helping someone fix their car if they are stuck on removing/installing something, or just need information on what works how. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
.... completely at odds to managements lack of productivity. Remember, just because you show up and stay on the premises longer every day,..................
Seen many managers like that over the years. Yeah they work long hours, because they spend half the day on the phone, then have to catch up on the real work.
AMB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Today, 09:10 PM   #2863
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMB View Post
Seen many managers like that over the years. Yeah they work long hours, because they spend half the day on the phone, then have to catch up on the real work.
..............or staring out the window critiquing others, running round in circles all day, taking personal calls during work hours, making small talk with family members, over complicating simple tasks....................
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post