Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old Today, 10:28 AM   #91
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: ANCAP – It wasn’t us who stuffed up Lane Keep Assist (LKA) and Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
All this shit causes dramas on regional roads with no or sketchy markings, we were playing with the self driving features of mates Volvo when we went to collect my ACCO.

It steered the car into the middle of the road onto an approach to a corner.

I'm not convinced with these 'features', **** modern cars and their 'self driving', if they're so confident in these systems, then why do we still have steering wheels and pedals? Why cant I sit in the driver seat, face the back and sink ****?

They can't even get AI powered cars to race around a closed circuit in the same direction properly, let alone normal cars drive themselves out in the streets.

I don’t get the point of the lane keep self steer feature.
Once you take your hands off the wheel they throw a fit and a whole lot of warnings telling you to take the wheel.
But hey, I’m sure it’s an ego thing.
smoo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #92
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: ANCAP – It wasn’t us who stuffed up Lane Keep Assist (LKA) and Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoo View Post
I don’t get the point of the lane keep self steer feature.
Once you take your hands off the wheel they throw a fit and a whole lot of warnings telling you to take the wheel.
But hey, I’m sure it’s an ego thing.
Can't even make a phone call on Telstra's network 5km out of suburban Melbourne but people think cars are going to drive themselves tomorrow

Classic case of the propeller hats over in engineering being divorced from the real world, would like to see these 'safety' functions vs Kangaroo.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post