Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
fordluvver
Starter Motor

Default Ignition problem?

I have a 98 kj Laser that has done 65000 km...little old lady story...In the last year it has done 15000 k of mostly highway driving. Recently it has been running roughly on start up...0-10 degrees outside.. and idles at around 1400 rpm for about 5 mins . Once it is warm/10 mins later it is fine and behaves itself quite well.

A visit to the mechanic was done and although no testing/checking of the start/ignition was conducted he suggested that he remove the head!!! He said the compression was low in 2 cylinders but had only tested it while it was cold.
I feel as if a number of options have not been looked into but am not sure what they would be. I feel as if I went to the doctors with a wart and told I have cancer!! and we can operate tomorrow.

Has anyone any ideas or suggestions??

PS The lasers big brother is an XR6 turbo. Just love that car. Best ford ever built in my life time at least.

fordluvver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post