Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Closed Thread

Old 13-12-2006, 04:00 PM   #31
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin
I'm also a bit curious about the laws, as gngtho said - aren't you getting busted twice for the same thing? like, you got sideways, and the cops inpounded your car and you had to pay heaps of money to get it out, then you are also getting a summons to go to court for the same thing? WTF????
The money he paid is for tow truck fees, impoundment costs etc this usually comes in around $400-800.

The second part is the actual fine for the offences if he is found guilty, plus any demerit points, licence suspension etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaT`eL
I thought it was kind of ridiculous the amount of police that were there for such a small infringement, 7 all up, out of 4 cars at one stage!!
All seemed pretty nice, except for the female, who must of got up on the wrong side of bed, making sure Dane knew how many people were killed on the road, then threatening to tell my gf's parents that he'd killed her, even though she was standing next to us?
She then sped off VERY quickly in a 60km/h roadwork zone, I asked the male cop if she knew how many people died on the roads and he had a bit of a chuckle.
Ill get the pics up when I get home..

For some reason female cops are always uptight, the only logical reason i can think of is they feel threatened and they have to put on a front to show there as tough as male cops? _2:

Get your gf to complain to the female cops superior and say she was upset by the threatining manner used against her (assuming she was just an innocent bystander and had nothing to do with the matter).
Old 13-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #32
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i read somewhere they cannot take your car on the spot like that, a seizure notice has to be sent to you and that basically says that you have 10 days to take it to the cop shop...
but anyway, that sucks mate....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 13-12-2006, 04:26 PM   #33
EFFalcon
Last warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkoXR8
i read somewhere they cannot take your car on the spot like that, a seizure notice has to be sent to you and that basically says that you have 10 days to take it to the cop shop...
but anyway, that sucks mate....
that only applies for 2nd and 3rd offences i beleive.
i think the initial 48hour confiscation can be on the spot.
DAILY - BA Fairlane Ghia, Boss 260 Turbo
OFFROADER - Ford Explorer
Old 13-12-2006, 04:36 PM   #34
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know if it already exists but I think we need something along the lines of the Hot Rodders Federation, the government is just going to walk all over us unless we have some sort of united voice.
Old 13-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #35
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFFalcon
that only applies for 2nd and 3rd offences i beleive.
i think the initial 48hour confiscation can be on the spot.
aah, thanks for that....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

Old 13-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #36
DaNeoS
Banned

ok well just got out of court, they dropped 3 out of 4 charges for my offence that happened in april loss of lisence for 12months and 1000$ fine for " endangering life ". which is alot better than i expected. now i have to wait for my summens for the "hooning" shit and see what happenes there.. o by the way cheap e-series for sale 2500$ check sales thread
Old 13-12-2006, 04:50 PM   #37
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I dont see it, at least you got off some charges I guess, well lessons learned.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
Old 13-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #38
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

So i'd hazard a guess... you got done at a fairly high speed in april?

Must commend you for taking it so well. Most ppl here would be searching high and low for a loophole or technicality to get off.

Hope it doesnt throw too large a spanner into the rest of your life.
Old 13-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #39
DaNeoS
Banned

was not speeding.. my fault doing burnouts well spinning tires in wet, no point searching for a loop hole. i fkd up and got caught, so i have to put up with the costs.
Old 13-12-2006, 05:38 PM   #40
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRHEMI
Bald & Wet Tyres and locked diff can do that..........you should of known that by now......

Still this "hooning" law sucks big time but thats been covered over and over again

Didn't the cops have anything better to do <------ this is the line the cops love

Hope all goes well tomorrow but i have seen my fair share of court hearings and its like gambling Win or Loose - hope you win though - GOOD LUCK
Agreed with everything said. I have accidently kicked out in my old shitty XF with 4.1 in it. Was slightly turning as i had gone around the corner after coming out of the car wash and was following A friend. Had it in first and didn't realise and went to take off, not quickly or anything. Luckily kept it on my side of the road cause it was a narrow street. Might have been a greasy surface. It is right near a petrol station and stuff?
Old 13-12-2006, 05:55 PM   #41
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you really need to move to a different state - vic is s***house
Old 13-12-2006, 06:25 PM   #42
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Bit stiff mate hope all goes ok in court.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 13-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #43
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

just before GOR i washed my car and i was chamoing it in the bay, just a quick one to get the beads of water of, there was a truck with a bobcat behind me so i was trying to be quick (although he was arrogant looking so i wasnt going 100k's an hour!). well after about a minute he started abusing me so i cracked it and left, coming out onto the road i barely gave it anything and because the tyres were still damp they just kicked my out sideways, so what im saying is that he can happen so easy!

theres a roundabout in town too and even in the dry you get understeer and oversteer at 20 -30 k's! in the wet you just get understeer its that slippery!

bad luck mate anyway!
Old 13-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #44
EBII Ghia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNeoS
was not speeding.. my fault doing burnouts well spinning tires in wet, no point searching for a loop hole. i fkd up and got caught, so i have to put up with the costs.
The smartest post in the whole thread! No excuses in the above quote.

I cant believe the amount of BS I have red in this thread...."I cant help my wheels spinning after a car wash"........"my brakes get all dodgy after a car wash...."

WTF do you people do when it rains?

Time to grow up lads.

:
Old 14-12-2006, 12:24 AM   #45
Christiaan
Tuned @ Pitlane Frankston

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBII Ghia

I cant believe the amount of BS I have red in this thread...."I cant help my wheels spinning after a car wash"........"my brakes get all dodgy after a car wash...."

Time to grow up lads.

:
I agree. Do stupid things and get caught, you pay the price.

The people who don't get caught are those who are;

a) lucky
b) smart, and know where and when it can be done without prying eyes.

DaNeOs, good job for taking it so well and acting the way you are. Good luck with the rest of the proceedings.
BA MKII XR6 Turbo, 6sp Manual - Vibe purple, Premium sound, Sports leather, BA XR8 wheels, Koni adjustable suspension, Nizpro v/springs, Walbro in-tank pump, Siemens 60lb injectors, Process West stage 1 intercooler, Mal Wood 11" Option 3 clutch, Tripod gauges, Custom Mainlube T56 gearbox oil, ETM turbo oil feed line, Typhoon intake, BMC Panel filter, Turbosmart BOV, Tuned by Pit Lane Performance - 300.4rwkw @ 12psi
Old 14-12-2006, 12:29 AM   #46
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuresm58
I agree. Do stupid things and get caught, you pay the price.

The people who don't get caught are those who are;

a) lucky
b) smart, and know where and when it can be done without prying eyes.

DaNeOs, good job for taking it so well and acting the way you are. Good luck with the rest of the proceedings.
Secong to the lucky part you get so many people who do stupid stuff all the time and then you go out and do something similiar once and you get done!

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
Old 14-12-2006, 01:49 AM   #47
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Time to grow up lads.

:

I was thinking the exact same thing, if guys with 200rwkw+ can drive their cars in wet conditions without wheelspinning the whole trip then im sure stock e-series owners will be able to navigate the streets without kicking the rear out every time they take-off or turn a corner when its raining.
Old 14-12-2006, 01:56 AM   #48
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

unless you have bald tyres!! i know from previous experience! not good i tell ya!
Old 14-12-2006, 08:45 AM   #49
dansedgli
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
I was thinking the exact same thing, if guys with 200rwkw+ can drive their cars in wet conditions without wheelspinning the whole trip then im sure stock e-series owners will be able to navigate the streets without kicking the rear out every time they take-off or turn a corner when its raining.

Mine only came out of the car wash sideways by accident when I had the AU and 300rwkw. The rest of you are full of shit, Damn E series hoons! out:
Old 14-12-2006, 08:56 AM   #50
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:

Time to grow up lads.

:
WTF!

I mention that not as an excuse, only to show that I understand how it cant happen.

We all know what happens after you clean your car, he was unlucky enough to get busted.

Off your soap box now.
:monkes:
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 14-12-2006, 12:14 PM   #51
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:

Time to grow up lads.

:
Exactly, grow up. If you not drive a car and not spin the wheels in wet conditions then get less power. That simple. To say they spun because of the wet tyres is lame.
If you didn't realise that with wet tyres or road, that your tyres are more likely to spin, then it show you are under educated or stupid.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 14-12-2006, 04:14 PM   #52
castek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

by the time i leave the car wash bay and get to the road my tyres are dry lol. i've driven a 400hp ute in the wet, and i managed to keep that straight, and that was on my L's lol. yes any car can spin/kick out, it just comes down to driver skill/control

daneos sucks that you got caught, but atleast you have the balls to admit you stuffed up
Old 14-12-2006, 04:29 PM   #53
mUTHA
DALLY 41

that sucks dude.

but just inreference to the wheelspin..those white lines at lights and stop sign just touchin the pedal in my ef kicks out and its not exactly a power monster. it comes down to tyres also IMO i only have 205's on in comparison with something like a 225 theres a bit of difference in control in the wet. still driver should know thier car and be able to drive it safely in all conditions

www.perthfalcons.com
Old 14-12-2006, 04:34 PM   #54
gozza

I think you have been treated a bit too harshly considoring you probly didn't make any smoke or excessive noise

I had a brain exploision a while back and made lots of smoke and excessive noise in front of a police biker......I was fined and de pointed but i left with my car...He said he could have taken if he wanted

Shit happens
Old 14-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #55
DaNeoS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gozza
I think you have been treated a bit too harshly considoring you probly didn't make any smoke or excessive noise

I had a brain exploision a while back and made lots of smoke and excessive noise in front of a police biker......I was fined and de pointed but i left with my car...He said he could have taken if he wanted

Shit happens
ok i need to clear some shit up, some people are miss reading the first post or i didnt explain clearly enough. i went to court wednesday for something that happened months ago in my dads car, which i regret but have to live with i got 4 charges for that but 3 where dropped and i just had to get the consiquences of the last one which happened to be the worst. which lead to 12months loss of lisence and 1000$ fine with conviction, then last thursday the car wash / impound incident happened, which will most likely see me back in court again,
i heard people in court shit talking saying that if there mates were not with them they would not have done it. my theory is that if people including myself are stupid enough to do shit like this then they have to put up with what ever gets thrown at them by the law. hope that clears a bit up.
Old 14-12-2006, 06:43 PM   #56
gozza

im not saying you shouldn't take repsonsibilty...im saying in comparison to what i did and my punishment you got dealt a raw hand

if the cops impounded you on the bias that you were already summoned to court than thats fair enough

I was indicating maybe a flick of the tail would warranty a warning or even just a fine and points

mine was a full fledged u turn burnout......i saw the cop appear out of my smoke
Old 15-12-2006, 12:47 AM   #57
pHaT`eL
Banned

Its not that people cant drive, the carwash we go to has its exit near a set of lights and theres rarely a gap either way, so i cant just slowly go out, if you want to do that, youd probably be waiting a while! My car does it, as soon as it breaks traction i step off the gas and try to get just a little bit of grip.
Dane, dont sell the car.. give it away.. to me, haha.. jks :P
Old 15-12-2006, 12:50 AM   #58
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansedgli
That sucks mate, if you didnt keep the boot into it then they should have been a bit lenient.

Ive also gotten sideways by accident coming out of a carwash. Noone was watching though.
Wet tyres are a bearch....
Old 15-12-2006, 12:54 AM   #59
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

Quote:
:
hahahaha That's when all the low powered beasts come out to play.....
Old 15-12-2006, 05:38 AM   #60
pHaT`eL
Banned

Heres a few pics of the night..

Closed Thread