Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
XRsam

Default Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi everyone! I'm Sam, I am new here.
I currently own a Mercury BA XR6, and i look forward to getting input from everyone to help me decide what to do to make it unique.

Cheers, Sam.
XRsam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
normb
Starter Motor

Hi to all in the Ford Forum,
My name in Norm, have been a member since 07 but this is my first time on the keyboard in this forum. I have used this forum over the years and have had much success with the information in it.
normb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
FPV-F6-310
Starter Motor

Cool Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Hi to all.

Just wanting to say how privelleged I am to now be a member of this forum and to hopefully find out a lot of stuff about Fords in particular.

I look forward to reading and writing posts here.
FPV-F6-310 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
GOAT
Starter Motor

G,day all,my name is Ricky.Im from the eastern subs of victoria i have a couple of fords and allways havex2 au te50 very nice car and a ghia for the run around car,both great cars looked hard till i found them both,love my te looking forward to chating or even cruzeing with you guys
GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #5
tebld2
Starter Motor

Talking Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

Howdy,

Just joined, have looked at the site a little bit over the years and have been looking out for a nice Ford to buy since off loading my original ones back in the early 90's. First car being a very original XY Sedan, 3 on the tree, 250 which I sold for a XC GXL 250 auto, (wished I'd kept the XY). From there went on to and I find this hard to say but 2 x mitsubishi cordia turbo's before doing the family thing and getting a whole heap of very reliable toyota's.

Well I'm glad to say that I have just found a low km, low bld #2, series 1 TE50 which is sparkling burgandy, 5 speed and completely stock. Picked the car up in Victoria on Saturday morning at 10am and drove non stop with a co-driver back to Perth arriving 44 hours later at 6am Monday morning. Car didn't miss a beat and handling on the Great Ocean Drive (yes we went the long way) was fantastic, I told the missus I am now contemplating moving to Victoria just so I could drive that bit of road every weekend.

Anyway car has a few issues as I would imagine they all do, a couple of the power windows don't exactly work like they should, passenger side drivers seat rod lever well thingamagig under the seat that releases the seat adjuster is missing a clip and as such wasn't moving the seat, and there is a clunking noise on slow take off, sounds like tailshaft but could be loose exhaust braket. Boot gas struts have had it so I'll have to source another of those and the radio only turns up and down with the steering wheel controller.

If anyone has had the same issues with their AU's please let me know any help would be appreciated.

One intersting thing that I found out once I got back to WA is that although the car is registered in Victoria until January 2013, as I am a WA resident the minute I paid for the car with the intention of returning it to WA the vehicles license becomes nul and void. I apparently drove the thing all the way back to Perth unregistered (fantastic). I had previously been on the Department of Transport website and couldn't find anything to suggest this is the case although I was aware that the car needed to go over the pits in Perth because I hadn't owned it in VIC for 12 months before it didn't say anything about vehicle needing permits to drive it back if you purchase a vehicle in another state with the intention of moving back to Perth. Any one had similar experience??

Anyway got the car booked in to BPT performance Wangara to get these things checked out and have the car booked in for licensing next Friday so apart from a few minor issues I can't see it having any problems getting through.

I know this was supposed to be a welcome post so sorry to dribble on a bit but pretty excited about having the TE, I love it.
tebld2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebld2
I know this was supposed to be a welcome post so sorry to dribble on a bit but pretty excited about having the TE, I love it.
I'd love to get a T series too. Congrats.
Have you been here yet?
http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=178
Old 05-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #7
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

Welcome aboard everyone. Great to have you all here

Cheers
Col
Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #8
DrQlock

Hi im Drqlock. Been a ford fan for ages, got a 78 Fairlane 351 which im going to resto
DrQlock is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #9
BA 240
Starter Motor

Hi all. Names Matt. Long time reader, 1st time poster. First of all, I would like to say thank you for the vast amount of useful information that is readily available on this site.I have beeen playing around with cars, mainly Fords, for sometime now and everytime I have had a question or needed information, this site was my first point of reference.
I currently have 2 projects on the go at the moment. Project 1 is a 1965 XR Wagon. Started off as a typical V8 conversion (302 CLEVO with a C4 Auto) for the sole purpose of "cruising". After 8 months and a small fortune later, its turned into a bit of a sleeper (393 Stroker, Gilmer Kit, Lowered suspension - you get the idea). 2nd project is a 1974 XB Sedan. Again, typical V8 conversion that got way out of hand. Have invested 5 years and yet another small fortune into this beast and I reckon I'm still 2 years away from having it finished. Daily driver is a 2003 BA Ute, 5.4 ltr V8 with 4spd auto. Barossa red with G220 interior, XR8 Cluster, Fairmont Grille and "Halo" headlights. The wifes car is a 2004 BA MK2 Fairlane Ghia. White with Bone Leather Interior. Olny thing that lets it down is the 4ltr 6 cylinder. Thats my opinion anyway
Well thats about it at this stage. If there are any questions that you think I maybe able help with, please dont hesitate to ask. I am a digital electronics technician by trade so I maight be able to help with auto electrical problems, computer issues as well as other vehicle related issues. Also interested in cruises if anyone wants to get something happening in Brisbane or the Gold Coast.
Cheers for now.
Matt
BA 240 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
nahor2003
Starter Motor

Hi there . An uncle of mine just bought an xa gs futura genuine to restore . It is 351 2v , 4speed , 9 " .
nahor2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #11
holybladed
Starter Motor

hey everyone im new to this and im just wondering if anyone has a 250 xflow they willing to sell as i blew mine up in my XF and require one asap but there getting harder to find if u could private message me that would be great thanks
holybladed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
paulysFord
97fairmontGHIAtickford

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

howdy new here really liking the site and all sorts of information there is about fords its awesome. i just recently bought a 97 fairmont ghia its my second car and im absaloutly loving it, so pretty excited to read stuff about them on hear and get to talk to some cool people.
paulysFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #13
pursuit2359

Hi all,
I registered a while ago but never got around to introducing myself. Anyway, my name's Steve and I've got a 1998 EL Falcon. I'd say it's a GLi but the G got lost somewhere along the way - so now it's just an Li ;)

I'd like to say thanks to all the members and mods who make this forum a great place. Hopefully I can contribute more in the future.

Cheers,
Steve
pursuit2359 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #14
jay constantine
Starter Motor

hi fordsters just wondering can any1 tell me anything about This D block JG34LJ 15124K ????IM THINKN ABOUT REBUILDING IT TO PUT IN MY XW UTE..
jay constantine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #15
888mavrick888
Starter Motor

hi names corey im very happy to be apart of this great helpful ford community i have a au 1 5 spd falcon spak turbo.
888mavrick888 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 PM   #16
Tickford 302
Driver

Hey all. Great site. Ive been a Ford man forever. ( you get that when your old man drives an xw gt and your bedroom is covered in Allen Moffet wall paper). I currently own an AU II XR8. So far I've done the exhaust, brake upgrade, air intake and heavy duty clutch(as the stock one leaves a bit to be desired). I do all my own mechanical work and she never misses a beat. But mostly have to work on all my mates **** box commodores. As most people that drive em can't ever fix em.
Tickford 302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 AM   #17
Toshack
Starter Motor

Hi Everyone. This is my second post - I joined to research info on the 4x4 system for my 2002 XLT V8 Explorer and Boy, has is delivered! The system stopped working after a battery change so I took it into the local Ford dealer who hadn't a clue. After 2 weeks they said that they though it might need a part that cost over $2,000 and they didn't think I'd want to pay that much (dead right there!) and that there wasn't one in Australia anyway. They presented me with the vehicle back unfixed, but I later discovered that they had disconnected the radio, and a bill for $784.00.

After a couple of hours on here I discovered which part I need, where to get it (USA) and the cost USD189.00 and on Youtube a demo on how to install it, with the suggestion to try cleaning the terminals of the original one first.

As someone who previously regarding checking the oil as somewhat hi-tech I now have the confidence to attempt this job myself - will keep you posted
Toshack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #18
Robbo95
Starter Motor

Hi my names Dylan, but you can call me robbo. i drive a ba fairmont iv got JBA headers and a 2.5" cat back exhaust. thinking about doing the intake, cant decide weather to do the custom ally pipe one that you see on here, or just put on the stock territory pipe. also gonna get the bigger snorkel and typhoon lowwer intake
Robbo95 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #19
DJM
Starter Motor

Hi guys i am the new comer to this forum.
I have a series 2 au xr6. Fantastic rig.
I have a question. Can i fit the airbag style bullbar to the xr front bumper.
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #20
jam explorer
Starter Motor

Hello all

Newbe to this site, have signed up as I have always loved my fords and have had a lot of them, with the lastest being an 1998 explorer.

I am trying to find out if it is remote locking capable? I was told by my auto electrician that if i goggle and put the vin number in it will tell me wheather or not the car has this feature, and all i need is the remote?
If anyone knows anything about this or could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appriciated.
Vin#1FMMU34E7V2B84221
have a great day
Jam explorer
jam explorer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #21
xr8mate
Starter Motor

Smile Re: Welcome to New Members - Post here to say gday!

G'day All
Thought I'd join the forum to learn from those more experienced and to share the little I know about Fords. Currently own an AU Xr8 S1 and a 1970 Capri V8 project car.
I'm pretty much addicted to the 302 windsor, so I'm happy to swap ideas with anyone interested in modifying windsor v8s or Falcons & Capris.

Cheers
Karl
xr8mate is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
bellssurfer
Starter Motor

Hi , Been a Ford fan since first an apprentice in Geelong from 1964. Worked in the beginning of Ford Design in the Annex Building in Geelong ( now a bunnings site) with Jack Telnack (USA Design chief for many years,He was only 28 yrs old when appointed Ford Australia first Chief Designer.) as a Clay Modeller I moved to the Research Centre in the early 70"s and stayed until 1981. I am still in the auto design business and drive an AU 3 tickford Xr8, bought new late 2002 and now at 285000 klms starting to get tired. Dam good motor but not the most popular to look at. Living at Torquay Vic . this is a Dam Good Web Site ,regards all ....Bellssurfer
cheers
bellssurfer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #23
Pina
Starter Motor

Just popped in to say g'day. Have been driving a great AU Ford S/wagon for 10 years now and need some help with ageing problems.
Pina is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #24
Bo86
Starter Motor

Hey all
just quick bit about me, 26 years old, currently living in Andamooka, SA
3rd year apprentice mechanic but have been working in the trade for bout 6 years now, bit slow off the mark to get into an apprentiship but oh well. have learnt alot over the years and it all helps!
current cars, 01 AU3 1 tonner, V8 manual, bit of a bns ute with a 5 post bullbar mudflaps, lights etc. working on installing more creature comforts in it at the moment, have installed a fold out dvd player and screen, has 12" sub behind seats, am upgrading the factory 2 speaker set up, half way through putting 6x9s in the rear panels and will upgrade the fronts soon. installed a factory cruise unit in it a few weeks ago which is good and wanting to upgrade the dash cluster. have a set of electric leather fairmont seats for it too so am working at it slowly.

also own a XE Fairmont, injected 6 with only 150,000Km on the clock, nothing much done just some 12 slot wheels on it. bit rough round the edges but isnt too bad as a hack.
Bo86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #25
zircon gtho
Starter Motor

Default missing gtho

Hello everyone : Looking for my phase 2 GTHO. It was the only one produced in Zircon Green. If you're interested in the details please reply and I'll give them in full. Cheers

Last edited by zircon gtho; 09-09-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: new title
zircon gtho is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #26
Flickxr6fg

Gday all, i am the proud owner of a 2009 FG XR6 falcon in lightning strick silver, am making a few changes to it to make it stand out from the norm. I am 38 years old and this is my second falcon have been a ford fan all my life, my wife was a holden fan but i converted her.

Last edited by Flickxr6fg; 09-09-2012 at 07:43 PM. Reason: adding info
Flickxr6fg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
lutucru
Starter Motor

Default Hi from Belgium

Hi,

I'm from Belgium et i am 41.
I have 2 children

My car is a Ford Ranger 2012 DC Limited 3.2 Tdci 6M.

http://www.pickup-mania.org/agora/do...e.php?id=14287

http://www.pickup-mania.org/agora/do...e.php?id=14284
lutucru is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #28
R1 Crasher
Starter Motor

Hi Noob here,I have a Focus XR5 at the moment but I'm looking at getting the limited edition Falcon Turbo ute,Best dealers,any advice is appreciated.I'm in Melbourne.
R1 Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #29
KOZ1K4N

hi,
Names Hayden im from perth just brought my first ever ford allways had holdens and had a hsv maloo that i kick myself for selling but i got a 2012 fg mk2 xr6 limited edition ute.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #30
ivabiggin
Starter Motor

hello this is my first post on your forum i have got a lot of help from you guys in the past thanks heap iva my drive is a 96 ef 6cyl a red one cos they go faster thanks again (i think im on the right page)
ivabiggin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post