Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Spare Parts and Other Accessory Items > Genuine Ford Parts

Genuine Ford Parts A forum for the purchase of genuine Ford parts via an AFF member.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Today, 09:28 AM   #11
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Default Re: Genuine Ford Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTLEGEND View Post
All standard FG FG2 FGX Air bags are the same, there was a difference with the FPV ones being the centre badge, but theoretically still fit.

They are held in by 4 bolts at the rear of the steering wheel.

You must ensure you depower the system by disconnecting the battery and waiting time for the power to de-energise.

How ever I would not recommend replacing anything airbag unless you are really qualified and know what your doing. Could end in disaster.

sorry GT but the FG/SZ airbags are not held in with 4 bolts. it clips in and a 'spring' holds the lower part in. to remove power down the cars systems (or at least the airbag systems) then i used a small torx allen key inserted in the hole at the base of the steering wheel airbag to release the clip so airbag 'pops' free. this is what i do to remove my FG airbag fitted to my BA - as per Gothefalcons instructions ().

just make sure the airbag connections are correct as i found the SZ connector is differant (one of em to bag).

cheers
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post