Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 29-11-2006, 01:48 AM   #1
TwistedEL
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Security Screws

Hey guys & gals thought I'd give a heads up there is a kit in Bunnings for about $30 that has a whole bunch of different security bits including a couple of flathead bits with notches in them which are perfect for undoing the airbags (rather than $70 for the bit from Ford) in the AU. It has security torx bits (6 sided) in it as well.

There is also a kit from Dick Smith that has all the above and more, and a ratchet screwdriver. It's also about $30, but the quality isn't there and I have snapped a whole bunch of bits and stuffed the driver.

I know the 5 sided torx bits are not on ebay at the moment and I have been looking for about a week for one but to no avail. This way you also don't need to sacrifice a screwdriver (or 2).

TwistedEL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 01:57 AM   #2
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
I know the 5 sided torx bits are not on ebay at the moment and I have been looking for about a week for one but to no avail.
The ebay seller was turb20 but a quick look shows that he has zero items for sale at the mo.
He may be having a holiday but if you want an email addy for him I'll pm it to you and you can enquire about the torx bits, if you like?
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 05:45 AM   #3
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedEL
Hey guys & gals thought I'd give a heads up there is a kit in Bunnings for about $30 that has a whole bunch of different security bits including a couple of flathead bits with notches in them which are perfect for undoing the airbags (rather than $70 for the bit from Ford) in the AU.
Thanks for that!

Also, you could take JC's advice and change the airbag screws for allen key bolts. I didn't do it when I changed my wheel over recently, because I didn't know the size of the bolts. Had I known, I would have changed them over.

An idea anyway!

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Repco sell a set of 5 sided security torx bits to the trade for about $30.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #5
GK
Walking with God

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXRVIII
Repco sell a set of 5 sided security torx bits to the trade for about $30.
I'm not in the trade, but would gladly give $30 to someone who was who would be happy to get them for me!

Are you positive they are 5-sided, because I've looked there many times, among other auto places to no avail.

Is there a secret handshake and wink with the code words "I'm in the trade!" :hihi:

So anyone with access in the Northern Suburbs of Melbourne, please grab me a set and I'll give you the $30.

Actually, I'll check out Repco myself to check it out!

Cheers,

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-11-2006, 09:51 PM   #6
AUXRVIII
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw them in a trade catalogue a few months ago. I guess you just call them & they deliver them to your place of work cod or if you have an account.
AUXRVIII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post