Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 27-05-2007, 01:32 PM   #1
Teszaman
Starter Motor

Default Remove Fan Speed Controller AUII Fairmont

Hi

I've got a 2000 Fairmont with climate control and the A/C fan only works on high. I have searched other posts and refered to the shop manual and it all points to the fan speed controller. Problem is I can't get the thing out. From other posts I've read, it's simply a matter of removing the glovebox to get at it but there isn't enough room to extract it from the heater housing. It fouls on the fan air intake cover, the shop manual indicates you need to remove the complete dashboard! Could this be correct or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Teszaman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #2
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Make sure you have removed all the screws (one of the three is hard to find) and you will be able to manipulate it out sideways with mild force.
Old 27-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #3
Teszaman
Starter Motor

I've removed all three screws and used a little bit more than mild force but I'm scared I'll break something. But if it can be done I'll give it another go.

thanks for the post.
Teszaman
Old 27-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
Teszaman
Starter Motor

Spurred on with a little encouragement from Blue, I looked a little closer.
I hadn't removed the small metal bracket that supports the connectors (the screw was hidden under the wiring loom). After removing the bracket I had that little extra room I needed to get the controller out (that's what I get for believing the manual).

thanks Blue.

Regards
Teszaman
Old 30-05-2007, 12:14 AM   #5
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 

Good; I learnt the hard way about this the first time by breaking the bit off the fan speed controller box that the screw went through.