Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 11-10-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
dang-r-us
dang-r-us

Default EOI: Mk6 Fiesta Rear Hub Spacers

hi everyone,

i've recently made some upgrades to my suspension (lowering) and was looking for other ways to improve handling.
i've spoken to a machining shop and they have made me a set of 10mm rear spacers for the hub/stub axles (depending if you have discs or drums).
They are currently on my car and the handling has improved dramatically.

If i can get a large enough group of people together (approx 10) who would like to purchase a set of these spacer kits (kit will come with every thing required to fit) i could get them for around $80 per kit. Which is quite a substantial saving when compared to the cost of my spacers (one off, for now)

comments and suggestions appreciated
ben

dang-r-us is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 10:13 AM   #2
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Be warned, any form of spacer which is not standard equipment IS illegal in QLD, so you can be defected and insurance companies will void any claims.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 12:09 PM   #3
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The fitment of wheel spacers (or adaptors for dual wheel conversions) between the wheel mounting face and the road wheel is not permitted unless fitted as original equipment by the vehicle manufacturer.

Thats the NSW view on spacers
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
Adsy01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dang-r-us
hi everyone,

i've recently made some upgrades to my suspension (lowering) and was looking for other ways to improve handling.
i've spoken to a machining shop and they have made me a set of 10mm rear spacers for the hub/stub axles (depending if you have discs or drums).
They are currently on my car and the handling has improved dramatically.

If i can get a large enough group of people together (approx 10) who would like to purchase a set of these spacer kits (kit will come with every thing required to fit) i could get them for around $80 per kit. Which is quite a substantial saving when compared to the cost of my spacers (one off, for now)

comments and suggestions appreciated
ben
Are you running anything on the front?
Also what offset rims are you running?

Keep in mind that most guys that have aftermarket rims are running a slightly wider track due to the std off set being ET52mm and and aftermarket rims being anywhere between ET35mm and ET42mm as they are more common, as well as they are going to a 7" wide rim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotr
The fitment of wheel spacers (or adaptors for dual wheel conversions) between the wheel mounting face and the road wheel is not permitted unless fitted as original equipment by the vehicle manufacturer.

Thats the NSW view on spacers

I belive he is talking about spacers that are mounted behind the hub mount, which spaces out the whole brake assembly. If it is i don't think it would ever get picked up, but could still be illigal?

There actually is a ford racing part that mounts there, but i think they're a whopping 25mm wide :evil3:

Also arn't, the disc and drum are the same mount on the Fez where the hub is part of the drum or the disc? i'm still waiting on that list of MK1 focus parts :

If these are the type that sits behind the stub i'd be in for sure. Any chance of getting them wider too??

Elbach Lowered Coils - Rear sway bar - 12.5mm Axle Spacers - Rear disc brake conversion - 16" MP3 Rims
Tinted windows - Tinted Headlight surrounds - Clear side indicators- Phillips Xenon lighting - Colour Coded - ST Rear Spoiler - Smooth Rear Wiper - Ford leather gear knob & boot – Zetec S Sill Covers & Steering wheel - Leather centre armrest - Pioneer USB/CD player - JL Audio 4ch Amp, subwoofer & splits - Short aerial

The most "Standard" car I've ever owned!

Last edited by Adsy01; 11-10-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Adsy01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2007, 09:58 PM   #5
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

The Ford racing parts add 10mm each side and sit between the axle and hub backing plate.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post