Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-11-2007, 02:14 PM   #1
tempest

Default insurance question

ok, so im about finish uni and to move into full time employment (high chance of it anyway), and if i do id like to take the opportunity to upgrade my EF XR6 to a BA mkII XR8 or above. Me being a stingy devient had the insurance under my mums name for the XR6, so my next car will be my first car in regards to insurance....unfortunatly the car will be like i said above. I will be 22. What will the damage be for insurance on something like this? thanks in advance

tempest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Your prob gonna be looking at close to $2000 +. Me doing at 24 was 1850 full comp. Funny enough the T was $200 more then the N/A XR.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2007, 10:56 PM   #3
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

Do some on line quotes , most insurers have them, will at least give you an idea.
Old 30-11-2007, 11:00 PM   #4
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaw
Do some on line quotes , most insurers have them, will at least give you an idea.
You would think. I got quoted $2700 online for my car and it turned out to be $3355 over the phone. They asked exactly the same questions too :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 12:00 AM   #5
jason_85

I am 22 and got quoted about $940 thorugh NRMA for a 2005 XR6T
jason_85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 12:37 AM   #6
XR6_190
BF XR6, oh yeah!!

When I bought the XR6 I was just about to turn 21, The RACV were asking $1450 for full compo, another $100 for the Turbo and another $200 ($1650) for an XR8.

That said, an Insurance history helps as it will bump your rating down each year (as long as you behave yourself, and don't crash it). I'm now on a rating 4 and am paying less now for the XR6 than I was 2 Years ago for the Futura

Another thing that can have a decent impact is where the car spends the night, If you leave it outside in a bad neighborhood, you will pay a lot more than in a decent neighborhood and keep it locked in a garage.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
ETH02
Force Fed Fun

Watch out for the excess as well. You may get a slightly cheaper premium quote but can be paying in some instances $500 - $600 more for your excess. They use age ( and sometimes sex ) of driver, performance vehicle excess, and anything else they can think of : .

With some you can opt to pay a higher excess to reduce your premium as well. And make sure when you compare you have equivelent features in them ( windscreen replacements, hire car, choice of reparer etc).

Goodluck Steve

Shockwave BA MKII Typhoon :sm_headba
ETH02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
cowboy
Cowboy

One good thing about getting older, $607 for the F6 full comp agreed value.

Just one note, if you're going to do any mods, even little ones make sure you tell the insurance co. Have seen too many mates have insurance refused cause thay hadn't told the company about rims, lowering etc.
1930 Pontiac Landaulet
1932 Pontiac V8 sedan
1935 Pontiac sedan
1937 Pontiac 8 sedan
1948 Pontiac silver streak
1949 Ford F3 pickup
1953 Pontiac Chieftain
1955 Austin Champ
1957 Dodge Power Wagon
1967 Jeep Gladiator
1975 TD Cortina
1978 F100 4x4