Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-03-2008, 07:28 PM   #151
xe351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

this one

http://www.csiro.au/files/mediaRelea...rfordsicor.htm

Twin Horns 8-9/74 and lower horn dated 7-8/74, GT hubcaps. GT aircleaner. Please pm me if you can help
xe351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2008, 07:58 PM   #152
Perana
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

meh 2 door Commodore that won't make production....

And it won't make production considering the shape GM is in at the moment, with rising fuel prices and slow large car sales putting the nail into that coffin.
Perana is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 12:35 AM   #153
fmc351
let it burn

For those who keep referring to the Astra, remember the popularity of Nissans and rice, and the next generation of car owners who will not be the slightest bit biased by old school habits. For the next generation, its a plus not a negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBBossedXR
If HSV put both the Coupe 60 and the W427 into a limited production run they wont have any problem selling them in my opinion. Just look at the prices some of the Cobras & 40th annerversary edition GT's have sold for since they were released, There are plenty of motoring enthusiast in this Country with plenty of money just waiting for the right car to be released.
How quick do you think a GTHO would sell out if it was released and it actually warrented the badge and had this sort of price tag.
Apart from that Gangster style Hot rod, i think it was a Mercury that Ford unveiled at the Motor show going back a few years, i cant remember Ford/FPV/Tickford doing anything like Holden/HSV when it comes to letting there imigination go, and letting us people that drive there performance cars see just what there capable of building.

Maybe there are some members on here that dont have all there information right and association is enough, there are also plenty of people on here that know alot of info and would prefer Ford/FPV to be doing what Holden/HSV are doing.

If you look at it another way, if there are people on here a dedicated Ford Forum that are not happy with what Ford/FPV are doing imagine how many supporters outside the Forum are feeling the same way
Theyd sell a few, but I doubt they would sell enough to recover costs locally. But Holden do have a foot in the UK and the US with the Monaro (GTO) so Holdens market is larger than local.

My remarks on association were aimed at the Coupe60 or W427 not making it to production yet still being of great benefit to Holden sales for years to come, that association works in Holdens favour. Most people arent enthusiasts, they just like owning a 'popular' car and wouldnt know anything not listed in the brochure. So these guys will buy their new car with the Coupe 60 in mind, even though they are looking at a base VE or whatever, its a mind trick.

As has been said, the Coupe 60 and W427 will fill the dreams of 14 year olds across the country, and when it comes time to buy their own new car their emotional connection will be whatever Holden is selling at the time. Ford misses these practices that Holden are damn good at and always have been.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #154
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregfx
Holden get a new coupe, Ford gets a new stripe package...
Ford at their lame best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO83
And people here wondered why Ford didn't reveal the Falcon here...the white flag is waving.
After reading through this thread I had to check I wasn't on Holdenforums.com.au! More ofen then not people prefer this over what Ford has to offer, even a few suggesting they will defect over.

FoMoCo AU is dieing a slow death. BA (and the latter BF) certainly slowed down the death but it's still heading in the same direction.

By 2010, most of us will be looking at GMH for a new car because Ford don't offer anything. Oh they do milk old cars ie Cobra and GT, but now there is nothing.

Although only a concept, Holden have presented an awesome car there and it has been greatly accepted everywhere I have see a discussion.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #155
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

So everyone wants to disband for a dodgy looking VE Coupe? :

See yas!:

From Fiesta all the way up to GT-P Ford has a quality lineup, thats alot more than be said for Holden's Korean specials. One hot coupe doesn't make Holden an innovator, nor improve the rest of their lineup. Yes Holden cater very well for (large sedan based) enthusiasts, but Ford is chasing all demographics with their entire range.

Shift over to Holden, and maybe you'll forget how 2nd rate alot of their range is while you drool over the showcars.
LeadFoot81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #156
whales
351 Cleveland:Pure Muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351

Theyd sell a few, but I doubt they would sell enough to recover costs locally. But Holden do have a foot in the UK and the US with the Monaro (GTO) so Holdens market is larger than local.
That's very true, but with the value of the Australian Dollar at the moment, I don't think it would be economically viable to build and export them at present. Maybe if the Australian dollar collaspes back to the old days GMH might even consider try to export Monaro's again. But even when they were exporting the Monaro the other year, they were only selling around 15000 units per year and in a country which has 300 million people the sales were not good enough to keep doing it.

There are about 130000 Mustangs sold each year and about 700000 F series trucks sold, so only 15000 Monaro's / Pontiacs GTO's is not good sales in the Americans eyes and I doubt if they would do it with their present financial position
Old 03-03-2008, 05:55 PM   #157
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Quote:
Originally Posted by whales
That's very true, but with the value of the Australian Dollar at the moment, I don't think it would be economically viable to build and export them at present. Maybe if the Australian dollar collaspes back to the old days GMH might even consider try to export Monaro's again. But even when they were exporting the Monaro the other year, they were only selling around 15000 units per year and in a country which has 300 million people the sales were not good enough to keep doing it.

There are about 130000 Mustangs sold each year and about 700000 F series trucks sold, so only 15000 Monaro's / Pontiacs GTO's is not good sales in the Americans eyes and I doubt if they would do it with their present financial position
130,000 Mustangs, no wonder Ford wants a common platfrom for the Mustang and Falcon.
There'd probably be ag reater chance of a VE nosed GM coupe being imported here than AUssie exports to the US.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:15 PM   #158
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
So everyone wants to disband for a dodgy looking VE Coupe? :

See yas!:

From Fiesta all the way up to GT-P Ford has a quality lineup, thats alot more than be said for Holden's Korean specials. One hot coupe doesn't make Holden an innovator, nor improve the rest of their lineup. Yes Holden cater very well for (large sedan based) enthusiasts, but Ford is chasing all demographics with their entire range.

Shift over to Holden, and maybe you'll forget how 2nd rate alot of their range is while you drool over the showcars.
Agreed. Ford spend their money on real engineering advances to make their cars better, the ones you can actually buy. Holden just spend money on advertising and **** concepts that will never see the light of day.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 07:30 PM   #159
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

The only thing Ford should copy off Holden is their approach to marketing, 2.5 million can be thrown at some top shelf production cars, not pipe dreams.

So often on here people call Holden fans 'sheep' and yet here are alot of you flocking to the coupe, tsk tsk, so sad. :(
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #160
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Agreed. Ford spend their money on real engineering advances to make their cars better, the ones you can actually buy. Holden just spend money on advertising and **** concepts that will never see the light of day.
Yep, and in the meantime the better product goes belly up for lack of sales while the '****' concept pumps sales of lesser products. You can compete on price, quality, reputation, performance, economy, reliability and a host of other things, however none of them matter diddly squat if the majority of the market doesnt consider that aspect important. It worse when the factor you focus on, most people wouldnt know which was better, they jump in, turn the key, thats all they know, and where the water goes in the 'thingy'. Often you cant compete on all due to factors like budget limits, physics, or other market forces so you need to choose which is going to give the best overall sales results.

Business is much much more than good product, often enough quality isnt even a factor that gets noticed. Whatever an enthusiast wants to rant about, it wont change the fact the masses arent buying the product you prefer, and in the end, its not available to you either as the company goes under. Its about profits, return on investment and share price and thats the end of the story. These are achieved via many variables, and massaging the emotional connections of future generations is one for the long term. Holden have just done that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fantastic_Ford
The only thing Ford should copy off Holden is their approach to marketing, 2.5 million can be thrown at some top shelf production cars, not pipe dreams.

So often on here people call Holden fans 'sheep' and yet here are alot of you flocking to the coupe, tsk tsk, so sad. :(
Im betting when Holden crunch the numbers, the money is well spent. Generations of kids will still remember this coupe when they get to the car buying stage, just as many Ford fans still remembered the XY when the XF came out. The only thing Ford could have done that was further away from the XY than the XF was the EA. Oh wait...

Ford just hasnt done enough since and in some cases just misjudged public perceptions. The BA was a breath of fresh air, I was surprised, even many Commodore nuts liked the BA better than Holdens offering, thats a rare event for Ford. I thought the EA-EL was nicer than the Commodes of the day, but the market saw it differently. The market keeps the business afloat.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 08:04 PM   #161
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

I know what you mean about imprinting impressionable youngsters with images of Holden success, but my argument is that most people on this forum should be old enough to know better than to have stars in their eyes about about showcars.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:16 PM   #162
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Isnt the whole point of a Concept car to show new ideas?

A classic example of a Holden concept car turning reality, was the Coupe' from 1998, turning into the Monaro.

Plus the 2004 Concept Torana had alot of design cues used in the VE.

Maybe this car wont be put into production, but alot of the design ideas maybe used in future Holden vehicles.

I hope it does, because it's one sexy looking car.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 09:18 PM   #163
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Isnt the whole point of a Concept car to show new ideas?

A classic example of a Holden concept car turning reality, was the Coupe' from 1998, turning into the Monaro.

Plus the 2004 Concept Torana had alot of design cues used in the VE.

Maybe this car wont be put into production, but alot of the design ideas maybe used in future Holden vehicles.

I hope it does, because it's one sexy looking car.
2 door coupe, gee thats a new idea. Just when you thought the VE's stupid flares weren't big and ****y enough.

Coupes seem to be Holdens answer to FPV's stripe packages.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2008, 10:51 PM   #164
The Stylist
Automotive Designer

Quote:
2 door coupe, gee thats a new idea. Just when you thought the VE's stupid flares weren't big and ****y enough.

Coupes seem to be Holdens answer to FPV's stripe packages.
Yep and I know what one I'd like to see at a motorshow, and it isn't stripes.

The Coupe60 looks fantastic, forgetting about feasibility for a moment, Holden have done a great job using the VE base. The detailing really pulls this concept together.
The Stylist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #165
LeadFoot81
_Oo===oO_

Sorry mate I have to disagree, coming from an arts background to me this thing just doesnt gel. Its the little things that make something worthwhile, this is just big chunks of malformed plastic!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:14 AM   #166
Lightning Strike XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So are the side exaust possible on a ba/bf and is a supercar kit around at all?
Lightning Strike XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:08 AM   #167
Fordoldie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stylist
Yep and I know what one I'd like to see at a motorshow, and it isn't stripes.

The Coupe60 looks fantastic, forgetting about feasibility for a moment, Holden have done a great job using the VE base. The detailing really pulls this concept together.
I agree! Overall this car is superbly balanced and muscular. I'm surprised they didnt put the VF front on it, but then that would give the game away.... Probably explains why the front looks a little "out" for some