Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 05-05-2008, 01:58 PM   #1
james22
With da Warlords

Default What happened this morning?

I don;t know if it was just my stupid internet, but was there an outage on the site this morning? Couldn't log in for ages, and after the debacle with aufalcon.com I was starting to think the worst and have withdrawls lol :

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

XR50T Ute - 300rwkw (give or take depending on the day)
james22 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

It wasn't just you mate. I couldn't get on for a while either.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

yeah i cop it all the time, it's a pain in the neck.....
I remember a while back someone said to enter the IP address in your search bar and it would come up, but i have lost the IP number since then.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

for anyone that wants it.

http://66.226.77.74/
Old 06-05-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
james22
With da Warlords

Doesn't make a difference, I tried that when they went down a minute ago.

So why did the forums go down again?

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 06-05-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
FordACE
Fast Ford to the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
Doesn't make a difference, I tried that when they went down a minute ago.

So why did the forums go down again?
who knows...it was down quite a while this morning.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:38 PM   #7
allypally
OnceBitten Now BitesBack

This appears to be a more common issue of late. There were also issues yesterday morning as well.
The server appears to hang, then goes offline, which maybe a reboot?
Maybe a moderator could explain what the problem is?
Old 06-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
james22
With da Warlords

Thats what I've been waiting for all this time lol. Doesn't look like people check the support section much

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 06-05-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by james22
Thats what I've been waiting for all this time lol. Doesn't look like people check the support section much
maybe because the people that run the site and know the answer have JOBS or other more important things to attend at day time and dont/cant keep checking in here just to answer why you had trouble getting on.
when the people that know the answer are here, they will answer the question.
till then its pointless making assumptions or harping on about it.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

We are, obviously, aware of the issue but there is nothing in the error logs that would indicate why the outage occurred. We had resolved the previous issue with faulty memory in the server but the outage yesterday and a short one this morning remain a mystery at present.

We have plans in place to replace the present dedicated (but hosted) server with a rather larger one in a colocation facility which will give us a greater degree of control over what happens and allow us to instigate a number of improvements in the back end.

It will still be a number of weeks before we commission this new unit and there a re a lot of steps to go through before it will go on line and there is likely to be some planned downtime when that finally happens. More on that closer to the day.

Davway is quite correct in stating that we have normal jobs to fill our days but we do endeavor to resolve outages as soon as we are aware of them but that is not always immediately - they only take 10 mins to resolve usually once we know.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2008, 05:26 PM   #11
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Good work Russ !!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #12
james22
With da Warlords

Thanks russ, was just curious. Keep up the good work

Windsor Warlords
AU III XR-8220
300+ rwhp of Manual fun

Old 10-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i`m not having a winge just letting you know it also occured last night for for some hours.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2008, 12:32 PM   #14
bob 351
MIGHTY MAGPIES 2010

Location: yarram se vic in the shed listening to pinkfloyd and rubbing panels

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
We are, obviously, aware of the issue but there is nothing in the error logs that would indicate why the outage occurred. We had resolved the previous issue with faulty memory in the server but the outage yesterday and a short one this morning remain a mystery at present.

We have plans in place to replace the present dedicated (but hosted) server with a rather larger one in a colocation facility which will give us a greater degree of control over what happens and allow us to instigate a number of improvements in the back end.

It will still be a number of weeks before we commission this new unit and there a re a lot of steps to go through before it will go on line and there is likely to be some planned downtime when that finally happens. More on that closer to the day.

Davway is quite correct in stating that we have normal jobs to fill our days but we do endeavor to resolve outages as soon as we are aware of them but that is not always immediately - they only take 10 mins to resolve usually once we know.

Cheers
Russ
HEY RUSS I KNOW WHAT YOU SAY IS TRUE BUT IF KNOW ONE IS AWARE OF WHAT'S HAPPENING MAYBE THERE SHOULD BE A PHONE NUMBER OR SOMETHINK SO THE FORUM MEMBERS CAN MAKE SOME ONE AWARE THERE IS A PROBLEM JUST A THOUGHT ANY WAY'S
bob 351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post