Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-10-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
bljohns85
Starter Motor

Unhappy Help AU1 XR6 Throttle body problem

Could some one please provide some guidance,

I have recently removed my throttle body to be polished, since putting it back on it is not working properly, it is slightly sticky and when it idles down it sits on 1100 rpm then after about 3 seconds drops back down to idle, so it isnt fun especially when im shifting, I have cleaned the throttle positioning sensor and given the throttle body itself an overall clean with some carby cleaner, I am however lead to believe that it was dropped several times when it was being polished as there are a few marks that i can see that have been filed and repolished could it just be that I need to reset the ecu or am I kidding myself and have to fork out for a new unit?

is anyone up to speed on theses things?

cheers
jono

bljohns85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

what was actually done to it? was is only polished to make it look good or were you trying to get more performance from the car? first, try giving the idle speed controller a clean out, the reset the ecu and see how it goes...
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
bljohns85
Starter Motor

Nah it was just done to make it look good, nothing performance wise has been done to it at all, just had it done to make the ol engine bay loook schmick
I will give the ecu a reset and see otherwise I think I might be up for a new one
bljohns85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
BillC

My ute does that as well. My mechanic tells me all Ef/El/Au's do it. I can tell you its not the Idle Air Control Valve thats doing it because I have bypassed mine. I was having no end of trouble with the car staying on high revs after you take your foot off the peddel. I have put a plate between the IAC and the throttle body. Idles great now but for that little first stage idling high then drops off.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post