Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 20-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
lewstung
Starter Motor

Default Premium Sound - anybody else get this?

Hi, I have noticed a weird thing in the stereo in my fairmont, it has the premium sound stuff (6 disc stacker blah blah)...I usually listen to hiphop in there and for some reason the first 'hit' in the song, like the bass drum or whatever, is really loud and thumps, and then the rest of it goes normal...any idea why it would do this? Anybody else get this with theirs? it's weird, and scares the sh*t outta you if you're not ready
lewstung is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 10:19 AM   #2
MrQuan
Social Disaster

The first problem is you're playing hip-hop (that's a chargeable offence kiddo).

Apart from that, is the sudden hit like a "pop" sound when you first turn on the stereo? or does it happen at the start of each track?

Also, is it all factory sound?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
lewstung
Starter Motor

well lets not get into the music, that's your opinion! but yea it's all factory sound, and the first hit is at the start of each track...any idea why it would do that?
Old 20-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #4
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Maybe is it's a burnt CD, it has bad "rips" or something from the original CD. Some burning software / driver / hardware combinations can produce pops and sounds like you describe at the start of tracks.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
lewstung
Starter Motor

Nah this is on regular CD's... and only the very first beat is real loud, then it's like it adjusts itself and plays normally...

instead of boom, bap, boom, bap...

it's like BOOM bap, boom bap etc
Old 20-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #6
Dauphin
Irregular member

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Endless work keeping the AU.com.au web site happening 

Ahh right.. well at least its not going boom BAP boom bap. Then you'd be in a pickle.

My hovercraft is full of eels!

Movie Car Chase of the Week: Gene Hackman driving a 1971 Pontiac LeMans to chase an elevated train in The French Connection (1971).
Dauphin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #7
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauphin
Ahh right.. well at least its not going boom BAP boom bap. Then you'd be in a pickle.
lol!!
Old 20-06-2005, 09:57 PM   #8
richo77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

might be your power limiter kicking in??
richo77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 10:01 PM   #9
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

touch it
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #10
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Sounds a like a problem with your amp maybe, or a bad earth on the system.

Have a look at the amp and play with the wires and connections
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-06-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
Sylox
Uterus M.I.A.

Press the Audio button a few times and you'll find bass/treble/fader/balance and SLA I think it is. Its an on/off option turn that off and it wont do it anymore.

Hope that helps

Sylox is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-06-2005, 10:03 AM   #12
lewstung
Starter Motor

hopefully that works, thanks for the help!
Old 22-06-2005, 08:10 PM   #13
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I beleive it is a safety measure from the headdeck noticing that the speakers can not go that loud or that deep and override the volume to prevent you blowing your speakers.
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-06-2005, 02:30 PM   #14
Axle-F
AU - YEA YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief
I beleive it is a safety measure from the headdeck noticing that the speakers can not go that loud or that deep and override the volume to prevent you blowing your speakers.
In my novice opinion that's what i think is happening as well. I have the std CD player in my falcon and it does the same thing....scared the crap outta me at full volume this morning (then dropped down) but hey now you know its not just the premium sound doing it :yeees:
Old 26-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #15
kiwi
Starter Motor

Mode button above volume, keep pressing until compression comes up (CPn) turn it off. This is to level out the cd volume so the quiet bits are played louder and the loud bits get turned down. So you hear everything when its not playing loud basically.
kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #16
lewstung
Starter Motor

It doesn't have a CPn option unfortunately. If you skip through in Mode past bass, treb etc, the last option is 'loud'. I turned this off to see if that was the prob but it's not, turning it off just made it sound p*ssweak.
Old 28-06-2005, 04:21 PM   #17
kiwi
Starter Motor

Default Compression thing / CPn

Mines a Dec 2001 AUII, dont know if that makes a difference. Thats definately how it works on mine, found it in the manual, I wondered the same thing when I got it. Do you have an earlier model that has it as a factory setting, that can't be adjusted. I'm only assuming this though. Good luck sorting it.
PS the way I typed CPn in the above post is how it comes up on the LCD display for anyone else. (capital,capital,lower case)
Old 28-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #18
kiwi
Starter Motor

The loud button basically gives your sound more balls/bottom end. (Very brief description) You would have noticed that quite a bit already seems you listen to hip hop.
Old 25-07-2005, 07:50 PM   #19
Demonio
Dropkick

I think it is the Power Limiting feature. simply go thru the menu until you see PL ON and turn it PL off. that should fix ya problem
Demonio is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post