Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-01-2009, 11:23 PM   #61
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi
you mean like someone feeling put out because they want to stick to buying a Ford, but can't get what they're after...yeah, bloody Holden bogans.

F6X...!! its calling you!!

Seriously, they're a brilliant car, especially if the Mrs has a soft spot for SUV's...

Old 29-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #62
Cabbage
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not as yet Mark. I certainly wasn't bagging the Territory, just that I'm not much of an SUV person. It was my wife that pointed it out to me, while I was drooling over the GT

The only reason I considered the F6X is because of what is under the hood, to be honest. However, even then I'm a V8 man and have been for a long time, so that makes it harder to go with something that doesn't give me the same feel when I hear the exhaust note, and feel the rumbling power under me.
Drive a Turbo Territory at work, a TX I think, not as expensive as the Turbo Territory Ghia and the F6X, but it certainly has some go, interior is not as flash as the Ghia but not bad for a work van/wagon. Our work Territory is black and it looks good. Appreciate you love V8's but I don't think you will be disappointed with the turbo six in the Territories. Handle pretty good all things considered.

Ford should introduce the FG XR8 panelvan. I would be first in the queue. Mad entertainment system in the back and all velvetted out. Awesome.

Last edited by Cabbage; 29-01-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 12:12 AM   #63
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

Ford should introduce the FG XR8 panelvan.

now you got me sucked into this ,where can i order that.
yes its a pity ford dont cater for you ,but if v8 wagon is what you want grab the commo.
Old 30-01-2009, 12:58 AM   #64
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

quasi when u say u need a wagon... Why? If u need storage space why not buy a ford xr8 ute with that "wagon" add on bit( you all know what I mean guys) n be done with it. However if this doesn't help, go grab a sportswagon. They're a Holden and by gum it's a good one! Mate going to the darkside isn't so bad. I've been there before and it's not so bad. Bear in mind that new holden sportswagons are a great idea and I'd own one if I could...
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #65
Antwon
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ahh dammit SLWXR6 you beat me to it. You said somewhere you dont have room for 3 cars, so i take it once you have the new one your left with 2 cars? Is the other a 5 seater? If it is then why not consider a ute? Failing that, if you get an SS, to make you feel better you can always remember its not a Holden engine, and as for the rest of the car, Holdens arent nearly as bad as people make them out to be.
Antwon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #66
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

I'll be carrying servers and PCs in the back from time to time, and it will also double as my personal vehicle, and so will be for fun, but needs to carry 4 or 5 of us on and off.

I'm not losing any sleep over it, or anything, and at this stage haven't made a decision. However, after PMing with someone here cost may be restrictive, as the lease payments may be much higher than expected due to the cars being around the $70,000+ mark. This may cause a lowering of the bar a little, but there are options.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 03:28 AM   #67
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark^^
Territory drives just like a car, better in fact, with higher seating. SUV is a bad name for Territory as it does not drive like a truck that many SUVs dive like.

I did not detect you were bagging them. I was just encouraging you to try driving one and all your concerns about SUV's will go away.

Or indeed if you want a V8 Territory look here, Darren at FTG can set you up with a blue V8 Territory with a 290 in it.
I have a Terri and have owned a XR8 and a GT. As much as I agree the Terri is a good steer, its not in the league of the Falcon for performance or handling and can't really expect to be with the higher ride hide and extra weight. The Holden sportswagons are better cars for handling too.Terri wins on practicality though, especially easy loading.

If you want a great all rounder, look at the Terri for sure, but if performance and handling are high on your list, then the Holden Sportswagons will keep you happier.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 03:31 AM   #68
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Ford buyers seem to be very conservative. A GT sedan with stripes, XR8 and XR6T/F6 sedan sells/sold well. Everything else (high end) seems to either sell very slowly or not at all.

e.g. Force 6, Force 8, Turbo Terry, F6X, LTD, Fairlane, 3V V8 anything really, TL50, F6 Rspec, GT-E, Tornado, Pursuit (not SP).........

Setting up a V8 or T6 wagon seems to be a lot of engineering with probably no return.

Holden bogans, I mean buyers, appear to be far more flexible and regularly buy all sorts of strange things
I don't know if its really about being conservative buyers. To be blunt a lot of people who have the money to buy a higher end car like the ones you listed, don't want to pay those prices to get a Ford or FPV badge on their car. They are looking elsewhere.

Dan
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #69
Jondalar
Formely FG G6E Turbo

I agree the Territory cannot match the drive of Falcon, they drive "like" a car, but not the same as. As has been stated, physics cannot be ignored.
Old 30-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #70
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Quote:
I'll be carrying servers and PCs in the back from time to time, and it will also double as my personal vehicle, and so will be for fun, but needs to carry 4 or 5 of us on and off.

I'm not losing any sleep over it, or anything, and at this stage haven't made a decision. However, after PMing with someone here cost may be restrictive, as the lease payments may be much higher than expected due to the cars being around the $70,000+ mark. This may cause a lowering of the bar a little, but there are options.

you need a wagon.
and probably the best bet is holdens sportswagon. if u want fun, room to carry stuff, room to carry 5 people, and not too expensive, then a V8 wagon from thems is probably as good as u can get. and like antwon said theyre not a bad car! my fathers company occassionaly allows people to do what u are doing(lease a car n get the running costs covered) and one of the guys has a sportswagon. he visits sometimes and i must say its pretty nice. for a holden.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Old 30-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #71
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:

If you are looking for an F6X you really need to work the dealers hard on price, because they are willing to chop a lot of money from the RRP to move them. I've heard of some big discounts on them.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #72
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

The back seats of a GT/F6/XR8/XR6T fold down and will easily hold 4 or 5 servers/workstations. I have done that for years.

If you need to move more than that at any time then the job is big enough for you to rent a wagon from Hertz for about $60.

I use my Z as transport for me and 1-2 servers and have not had a problem yet.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 02:28 PM   #73
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWXR6
you need a wagon.
and probably the best bet is holdens sportswagon. if u want fun, room to carry stuff, room to carry 5 people, and not too expensive, then a V8 wagon from thems is probably as good as u can get. and like antwon said theyre not a bad car! my fathers company occassionaly allows people to do what u are doing(lease a car n get the running costs covered) and one of the guys has a sportswagon. he visits sometimes and i must say its pretty nice. for a holden.

U and N are letters not words. Please refrain from using them as abbreviations.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #74
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

no offence meant but when I use my iPhone to type it's just easier that way. Alot of people do it on here and everyone gets what is being said.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 30-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #75
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWXR6
Alot of people do it on here and everyone gets what is being said.
That's the trouble, too many people forget they are on a forum and not the phone.
SMS abbreviations are not tolerated on AFF and the issue is not open for debate.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #76
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

I'll use proper English as often as possible. Problem is I have very limited access to a PC so I use my iPhone to keep up. Sorry if this caused an issue, like I said I'll stop abbreviating words with characters.
Game. Reinvented.

Old 31-01-2009, 04:16 PM   #77
Mark^^
Two-Spirits

Ford Territory v Holden Sportwagon

Read on:

http://www.wheelsmag.com.au/Road_Tes...ullarticle=yes
Mark^^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #78
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"In the end, the Territory’s nose-to-tail user-friendliness and greater flexibility haul it past the Sportwagon. The Holden is a damned good wagon, with involving dynamics, great looks and strong performance. There’s little else with this blend of abilities for the money.

But the Ford is simply the better family wagon, or part-time people mover, or plain, old-fashioned station wagon. Its fuel consumption is heavier, but this must be weighed against its superior comfort and broader range of abilities. It’s a price worth paying. For those who need to carry people or stuff frequently or far, it’s the better car for life in the large lane."