Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #31
Dezza
Parts bin special

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
Been there, done that never get a second look.

The issue for you though is that there are a lot of tools with P plates that drive E series Falcon's so therefore the Police just put you all in the same bag. How are they supposed to know who you are, what you are like and how you drive? Just because you say so doesn't really cut it to them.

Maybe blame all the tools that cause the Police to react in this manner as opposed to blaming the Police themselves.
I'm certainly no p-plater. I'm nearly 25. Police generally check regos before anything anyway. They would have typed my rego into the system and seen that I got a speeding fine in 2002, and a "failure to give way" in that same year. Nothing since.

I know what you mean though. I don't blame all police. I just don't like the way some of them think that "hoons" and "car enthusiasts" are the same thing. They are very different

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Old 16-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #32
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauljh74
For those saying that if you don't do anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about - a legally modified car doesn't stop some cops defecting cars. We've all heard how they target people leaving car shows and defect tidy modded yet legal cars but the stock car with rust and broken headlight gets waved through. A guy I worked with - an older guy - had a tidy Charger he had owned for a few years with 265 wide tyres on the rear. Cop defected him for it and he had to get a new RWC - which was a formality. Despite his car being legal when it was inspected, he got defected and it cost him time and money to prove something he already knew. Most people who mod their cars do it right to avoid having to do remedial work on the car, then encounter some over-zealous cop who defects them.

To be legal i beleive you need an engineers report look at chris hodges xa coupe i read in street machine a few years ago that he has an engineers report for all his mods.

Also there was a bloke with a chev who said his car was fully engineered so if you have that piece of paper techincally cops can do diddly squat to you.
Old 16-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #33
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbaxr6t
there was a group that for a while thought it was "cool" to hang out @ mcd's carpark here lift bonnets and showoff and just hang around drinking and stuff, cops squashed it so hard it wasn't funny, showed up in force and just threw everybody some paperwork for loitering in a public place. Did this every friday saturday night for 3 weeks, now they don't go there anymore...
Was wondering what happened to the bonnet lickers on a friday night down here..
Old 16-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #34
schultzie
Just Images

so long as nothing is different on you car that is also stated on that engineers report. as soon as something it different the report needs to be updated, the cops will look for differences.
i was made aware of this when i have my subaru l series with a full turbo conversion, the thing was loud but was tidy and diddnt stand out to much... luckily i never had any real problems with the law with that car. closest i get was with tires, and their width at a bretho, i put flairs on and they were strong so he let me through. i will admit i was extreemly quiet when i left though :P
Old 16-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #35
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
Well if all is order you will have nothing to fear
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51RTE
If you dont break the law you have nothing to fear, simple as that
I suppose you guys either believe in the Easter Bunny, live interstate or both.

Vic Police do not do this to make the roads or cars any safer. They do it so it appears they are doing something right without doing anything right and make some money.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
Old 16-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #36
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I suppose you guys either believe in the Easter Bunny, live interstate or both.

Vic Police do not do this to make the roads or cars any safer. They do it so it appears they are doing something right without doing anything right and make some money.
Yes because it is the Police and not the Government who choose what to do.

This is not going to be another Police bashing/ranting thread. Any more ranting/bashing will see this thread closed.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 16-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #37
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer_Me
Well if all is order you will have nothing to fear
Yeh right.

Do you have any bugs or dirt on your windscreen, headlights, tail lights or indicators?
Do your emissions still comply with the appropriate legislation?

If not, and even bog standard vehicles all go out of compliance with age, then you are technically unroadworthy and the "sooper trooper" squad within every police force that usually get called out for these enforcements do not care, they just write tickets.
Old 16-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #38
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Harden up - if you drive along Princess Highway or Hang Out at Noble Park Maccas or Narre Warren Krispy Kreem which you know is a HOT SPOT in your car which you know is un-roadworthy and get busted - you only have yourselve to blame.

Thats why "most" ppl who fit Turbos to their cars in Vic revert their car back to a standard look as you know its not RWC and dont want a little yellow sticker.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Old 16-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #39
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Street racing has been going on for years in the Dandenong areas and obviously the police (maybe due to the negative media coverage??? ) are fed up with it and felt they needed to do something about it..... That's why i feel nervous driving the car through Dandenong when and only when i have too! and as SORTED said these area's have been know to be hot spots and will be monitored by police..

EDIT: And Yes i have received that yellow sticker with my previous car when i was much younger cruising the princess hwy with a bunch of other cars....
Old 16-02-2009, 01:20 PM   #40
Fordfan4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoodiver
To be legal i beleive you need an engineers report look at chris hodges xa coupe i read in street machine a few years ago that he has an engineers report for all his mods.

Also there was a bloke with a chev who said his car was fully engineered so if you have that piece of paper techincally cops can do diddly squat to you.
Rubbish!

Was driving my mates R34 Skyline, fairly tricked up althought completely engineered. We were part of a cruise with a bunch of other imports.
Get pulled over, first thing cop says to be is where have we been driving tonight because there has been a few calls about a skyline drifting in the area.. wasn't us. Does all the usual checks all is fine.
Then starts on the car, this isnt legal this isnt legal blah blah blah, pass him the engineers report, he threw it back at me in the car and said 'what about it' and went on his merry way defecting it.
Me: What button?
Officer: The button for the clutch!!!
Me: [laughing so hard it hurts]
Old 16-02-2009, 03:22 PM   #41
ben174
Banned

The amount of modified vehicles that come in to VicRoads on a daily basis to clear defect notices that were issued even though the car complies fully with all rules and regulations these days is quite substantial.

The whole EPA / green sticker system is quite shify too. It works on the presumption by a police officer that a particular vehicle is not compliant of the ADRs for noise. The registered operator must then present the vehicle at a testing station to have the vehicle tested for noise levels at their own expense and time, and at the end of the whole process the noise level could be legal - which makes the whole process a waste.

This is the same for emissions. Officer Plod *thinks* the car doesn't comply, so the owner of the vehicle must present the car to an approved testing station in Victoria (which there are only 2 of) to have it all tested. I believe the cost for this is around $80. This is a massive around process, and by the end of it, the car could not have needed on in the first place (complies), or if you have a modified car and have reverted back to stock - you may not pass if you have a shift sensor in ur EFI system so you must then go back and find that, make another booking and then go back in.

Normally if you are having the latter test done, your vehicle has been deemed by Police to be overly UnRW and you are not allowed to drive it from when the defect notice is issued - which means trailers or tow trucks - and again, the car could be completely legal at the end of the process!

P.S I work for Victoria's road and traffic authority and no longer drive modified cars.
Old 16-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #42
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Stupid Thread
Closed Thread