Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
hawke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default French Translation

We are going to the Monaco Grand Prix next month, and the tickets arrived today. However, my French is limited to ordering food and wine, and doesnt cut it on the detail.

Can anyone help with a translation of these tickets. I think I can work it out, but dont feel like showing up at the wrong gate on the wrong side of the city.

Merci.

hawke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Nickxb
XB in progress

Type it into http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en# and it will translate it for you
Nickxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #3
prydey
Rob

i'm very fluent in french but to make sure i don't feed you any false info i'm going to need to see the tickets in person, so if you could just send them to .....

you lucky bugger.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #4
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

I'm French, those pics are too small and as prydey said, you need to send those tickets to me and I can give you a detailed diagram of where to go. :
Seriously though, you LUCKY BA RD!
That is on my Bucket List.
Are you staying in Monaco? Someone's been saving their pennies.
Hope you have a ball and give us plenty of pics and stories of your trip.
Can Webber get another podium?
gossy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #5
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

hawke, did you manage to secure the flights to europe for $1275 (approx) from Singapore Air/Qantas as they both had specials on?
gcg2503 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 09:55 AM   #6
hawke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gcg2503,

I've got to a point in life where I now belive that no one died by being too comfortable. We are going upstairs in the new Qantas A380. The tickets are more than $1,275. First London, Chunnel to Paris, Hire car Paris-Nice by back roads. Local train Nice-Monaco for race weekend, then TGV Nice-Paris-London and home.
Old 23-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
FTE72
Red is nice Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawke
gcg2503,

I've got to a point in life where I now belive that no one died by being too comfortable. We are going upstairs in the new Qantas A380. The tickets are more than $1,275. First London, Chunnel to Paris, Hire car Paris-Nice by back roads. Local train Nice-Monaco for race weekend, then TGV Nice-Paris-London and home.
Now that is the way to do it. :
TE 50 #72 Blueprint & TS 50 #105 Blueprint
:
FTE72 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
xr8 utey
FORD DRIVERS WANTED!

Talking

sorry to break the bad news to you......they sent you vouchers for youplait(yoghurt?)
"petit me-um"
enjoy your self over there!!
Old 23-04-2009, 03:40 PM   #9
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always adding valued comments,  never involved in any disputes. A credit to this forum. 

Quote:
gcg2503,

I have upstairs on an A380 three times so far

However, there is a big difference between the front half upstairs and the rear half!

Old 23-04-2009, 04:10 PM   #10
hawke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

gcg2503,

We are going Premium Economy this time, so we will be at the back. I'd be interested in your experince. Last year we went to Chile in Business - Row 2 - on LAN and found that very comfortable. Number one son and his friend went in row 78. They were not so comfortable.
Old 23-04-2009, 04:38 PM   #11
gcg2503
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gday Hawke

When I was based in london from (early 2003 - march 2009) I would regularly travel to oz (at least every 6 mths)

First three tried QANTAS, Emirates and BA until I flew with Singapore Airlines

After that I was hooked - will only fly Singapore Airlines ever again - did 7 long haul flighst with them in a row...SIngapore A380 is awesome (both business class and even economy class)

having said that, Qantas on an A380 should be very good as well. I heard premium Economy is quite good , my mate just came from LDN on an A380 Premium Eco, he is 6 ft 4in and he loved it

Have a ball in Monaco - i wanted to go but my mates were not into F1 like me :(
Old 23-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #12
JerseyVics
www.FPVregistry.com

Quote:
gcg2503,

Congratulations on your trip!

I will be taking the Airbus A380 again to London as well, but my trip to France will be nowhere near as cool as yours... either way I'm really looking forward to it!

Enjoy!

--Russ

PS. I'm going first week of August... can't wait!
Old 24-04-2009, 10:13 AM   #13
EDManual
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

How cool are the TGVs! I like when you are doing 300 odd, and another one goes past in the other direction 2 foot away also doing 300! BANG, what was that!
EDManual is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #14
Hords
Treasure your balls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcg2503
I have upstairs on an A380 three times so far
I work for QANTAS and haven't even seen one yet