Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-04-2009, 01:30 PM   #31
SB076
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Interesting article to read. http://www.industrysearch.com.au/New...s_reveal-37689

There were a few threads last year, in which I commented on and said that it is critical that Australia protects jobs, I still beleive this is this case, the loss of Holden, Ford or Toyota would have massive consequences to this country - especially during these tough economic times. In my opinion Oz Manufacturing must be maintained in this country - the loss of the largest empolyer in this country would not be a good thing.

with Sunroof and tinted windows
with out all the go fast bits I actually need :
SB076 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 AM   #32
aomega54
Starter Motor

Even politicians have to worry about couching everything in least negative terms possible ;)

A
aomega54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #33
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've been unemployed for 3 months.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #34
gtfpv
GT

from what i gather so far in this thread . some are doing better . but the majority are doing slightly worse than previously.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-04-2009, 07:14 PM   #35
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

Just doing the BAS for the 3rd quarter have decided to give myself a pay cut of $171.00 per week thats nearly 9k per year had to do this to help the business through these times also doesn't help that our account customers seem to be really slow to pay of late. New rule is all new customers or people we only do work for very occasionally now cod.

Have noticed a definate slowdown sept - nov then a good dec slow for the last 3 months. My company builds s/s kitchens and bars for the commercial sector sales are zip only the repairs and maintenance side of the business is doing anything.

Tough times are ahead hopefully towards the end of this year things will turn around.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #36
gtfpv
GT

well it seems things are on the improve. i still havent gained enough confidence to make bifg financial decisions though . heaps i know are saying not to this year . i wonder how big ticket items are selling ?
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:37 PM   #37
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I work for one of the largest retailers in the country. Thankfully, I own my car, but I do have repayments on the house each week. However I do have a very decent amount of savings over two accounts. One thing I've always believed in, is saving money and not living outside your means. I could have a bigger house and better car, but at the end of the day, considering the climate, its the safest option.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:51 PM   #38
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Im fine. I cut meat for 20 odd Woolworths stores, and we have never been busier, BUT, we had a few people leave lately, and we have been told they wont be replaced. We have our workplace divided, half doing pubs and restausants, and our side doing Woolworths. The Food service (pubs) side, is failing bad, the Woolworths meat side, excelent.
My mother is a propigator, making media and a supervisor, and her whole workplace has been put back to 4 days.
Where abouts do you work Josh?

I work in management with Woolworths and business hasnt slowed at all infact our store is trading at around 22% up on last yr and our area group is around 14% up on last year.
My boss put it like this, people see Woolworths as a huge restaurant as alot of people are losing or have already lost their jobs so dining out doesnt happen anymore. 6 mths ago i was going to get out of the company just for a change that wont be happening now, as id hate to be finding work at this point in time.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP006
Remember people, if the bills are paid, there's food on the table and beer in the fridge, things are pretty bloody good.
Kudos, couldnt have put it better myself
Old 06-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #40
ltd
Force Fed Fords

We've had a lot of layoffs due to falling passenger numbers.
My fathers manufacturing business is fighting hard for survival.
Come December I think we will enter technical recession, as the two stimulus packages have and will artificially influence the growth figures until the end of the september quarter.

Quote: