Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #151
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yueses
Here's another thought everyone.

TRUCK DRIVERS are more skilled and are MORE QUALIFIED.. We have a HIGHER category license and have had a higher level of training and road education than those who are legally ONLY skilled to drive a car.

WE, truckies are better, safer, more qualified and smarter drivers when we're not surrounded by idiotic morons in cars.
Is that youass....

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 04-03-2010, 08:35 PM   #152
CAMS290
trying to get a leg over
Donating Member2

I can see that by introducing this new law there will be more cars side swiped and possibly pushed off the road.

If a truck is in the middle lane of a 3 lane freeway and has a slower vehicle in front of him, it is generally safer for the truck to pass on the right hand side where he has less of a blind spot.

Trucks will have to by law over take in the left hand lane now, and believe me, nearly all large trucks have a shocking blind spot where the left hand front wheel is...................there WILL be more accidents where the truck moves left into cars in the left lane.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:42 PM   #153
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290
I can see that by introducing this new law there will be more cars side swiped and possibly pushed off the road.

If a truck is in the middle lane of a 3 lane freeway and has a slower vehicle in front of him, it is generally safer for the truck to pass on the right hand side where he has less of a blind spot.

Trucks will have to by law over take in the left hand lane now, and believe me, nearly all large trucks have a shocking blind spot where the left hand front wheel is...................there WILL be more accidents where the truck moves left into cars in the left lane.
A very good point.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
Old 04-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #154
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar
DJR-351 that's definitely happened to me, in fact driving down the far inland way Brisbane to Melb I was passed by "several semi's" while sitting 5k over the limit and towing a caravan. Some really flew by and then we laughed about the 100 speed limited sign on the back. The drivers all did a good professional job though.
"several semi's" you say, I say how many did you interact with as a whole? Hundreds would be my guess and you probably didn't even notice them.

Get a grip. Better still go and grow everything you buy from a supermarket, chemist, etc, etc, because without trucks that is exactly what would happen.

It always amuses me that "car drivers" keep sooking about trucks on the major highways, just for your edification, only 15% of all freight moved in this country is moved interstate the other 85% happens within the State, you figures are hardly representative of the "big picture".

You sound just like Today Tonight or A Curent Affair when you state ******** like this, you statements are no better than theirs, full of holes and inaccuracies, plus a bit of rubbish thrown in.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:48 PM   #155
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMS290

What a crock of ********, when was the last time you drove a truck?

By making a statement like this proves your feeble understanding of truck driving and how professional MOST are.

And how is your application as a reporter for ACA or Today Tonight going by the way?
Old 04-03-2010, 08:53 PM   #156
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
Sorry but I can sympathise with truckies, I know quite a few, have heard many 'horror' stories, near misses etc etc.... In my opinion this proposed law stinks
What about the many, many "truck accidents" that involve the driver of a car committing suicide by driving into the front of a heavy vehicle?

These figures start their lives as road fatalities, but after investigation and normally a suicide note found, these are then taken off the road accident data, but no-one ever hears about that. ACA doesn't run that story.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #157
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Trev
What a crock of ********, when was the last time you drove a truck?

By making a statement like this proves your feeble understanding of truck driving and how professional MOST are.

And how is your application as a reporter for ACA or Today Tonight going by the way?
He drives trucks for a living

I think you need to get off your self righteous high horse Trev...
Old 04-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #158
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you serious, then I feel sorry for those that interact around him.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #159
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Very scary stuff .... the attitudes of both sides. I don't drive a truck but respect all road users as everyone should .... whether its a Moped or a B double.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread