Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #151
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
A bit of Supra DNA in that I reckon, has some slightly similar looks.
That's what i was thinking. new version of the Supra
Old 05-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #152
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched
I agree the price is a little outrageous but whitegood on wheels? bwhaha Glorified Corolla? You sir need to go and do some real research on this car before you're even allowed near the keyboard again....think V10, carbon fibre monocoque, etc
And a free cardigan in the glovebox . I stand by what I said look at these things in 40 years time compared to say a GT40 now . They are and always will be a TOYOTA . I'm sure you'll be very happy driving round the seventh layer of hell in one keeping warm in your cardigan .

Last edited by wrongwaynorris; 05-07-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 PM   #153
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongwaynorris
And a free cardigan in the glovebox . I stand by what I said look at these things in 40 years time compared to say a GT40 now . They are and always will be a TOYOTA . I'm sure you'll be very happy driving round the seventh layer of hell in one keeping warm in your cardigan .
You just keep telling yourself that, one day you might actually believe it

BTW the cardigan is quite warm.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #154
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

i love the power toyota deliver. i have nothing against the badge, but most of their cars are pretty ugly. soarer and supra instantly pop to mind.

this however looks pretty decent in my eyes. but they always look different in the flesh

i didnt really like the look of the 35GTR when leaks came out, looked like a 350Z with pumped gaurds.. now when i see one rolling down the street i think "tough".
Old 05-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #155
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
I agree the price is a little outrageous but whitegood on wheels? bwhaha Glorified Corolla? You sir need to go and do some real research on this car before you're even allowed near the keyboard again....think V10, carbon fibre monocoque, etc
Agree totally. The car - lets forget price for a second - is very well accomplished. It spanks the GTR, which by the way is "only a Nissan", like, as in, ya' know, a Tiida, and, if you listen to that V10 there's no way, unless you're deaf, you could not fall in love with the noise it makes. You're either deaf or shouldn't call yourself an automotive enthusiast.

Now, let's get back to the price.

Lexus screwed up. Big time. This should be aimed at about 20-30% higher than Nissan's GTR, and not limited to 500. They should get it out there, instead of trying to force some sort of exclusivity by over pricing it. They're not at that level yet where they can impose such dollars, for a marque that is yet to earn that kind of respect.

The result is people focusing on it's price rather than it's qualities.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:03 PM   #156
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
And when Ford did the GT40 they were not much more, Ford built cheap cars for the massess, just like, hmmm....Toyota

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #157
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
. You earn a reputation in Formula One like Ford did not just (so spectacularly unsuccesfully ) try and buy one like Toyota did, or Sports car racing like jaguar did . et al et al et al . Just another glorified Corolla .

...And, when ford wanted to win Le Mans, they tried to buy ferrari...then bought the design to a lola, and ended up Paying Shelby to put big blocks in them to win the race..

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #158
JimNiki
71Mach1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
...And, when ford wanted to win Le Mans, they tried to buy ferrari...then bought the design to a lola, and ended up Paying Shelby to put big blocks in them to win the race..

hhhmmm, I wonder who designed and made them big blocks?
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 06-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #159
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
1. Ford were in talks to buy Ferrari and when the deal fell apart that inspired their enthusiasm for LeMans.
2. They adapted Eric Broadley's Lola GT design in to the GT40 (steel chassis and all)

Gee they blew a lot of money on the GT40 program. Anyone want to mention the 3L?
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Old 07-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #160
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Went to the movies last night and one of the ads was for the LFA, must be coming here soon then. I like the car but the price is probably a bit much.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:28 AM   #161
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If Ford stopped racing in all it's guises tomorrow Toyota would NEVER catch up ( neither for that matter would any other manufacturer ) to what Ford have achieved . Fail to understand the point you guys are trying to make . Only one car company in the world ever has or ever will have their founding father as the holder of the world land speed record . Toyota are still learning an expensive lesson the hard way with the LEXUS , they're not a Benz and never will be and anyone with 1/5th of 3/4's of a poofteenth of a brain cell knows it . They're about to learn another one with this hideous thing . Just like the lesson they learnt in Formula One too .
Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #162
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
If Ford stopped racing in all it's guises tomorrow Toyota would NEVER catch up ( neither for that matter would any other manufacturer ) to what Ford have achieved . Fail to understand the point you guys are trying to make . Only one car company in the world ever has or ever will have their founding father as the holder of the world land speed record . Toyota are still learning an expensive lesson the hard way with the LEXUS , they're not a Benz and never will be and anyone with 1/5th of 3/4's of a poofteenth of a brain cell knows it . They're about to learn another one with this hideous thing . Just like the lesson they learnt in Formula One too .
How about getting a clue before you engage the use of a keyboard.
Your posts are immature with no substance just pointless, silly and baseless.

Your references to Ford are at best clutching at straws.

As for Lexus, how about you check out the LS400, the car that pretty much took the fight to Mercedes and BMW and scared the hell out of them. It was their first attempt at a luxury flagship and it gained positive reception world wide.
The latest iteration of their flagship the LS460 is nothing to sneeze at in terms of prestige, refinement and technology. It takes the fight easily up to the S-class and 7 series in those three areas, far exceeding them in refinement.

We get you don't like the LF-A, that's fine but instead of acting like a two year old how about being a little more constructive with your posts? You're making yourself look like a fool.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:17 AM   #163
wrongwaynorris
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

As for Lexus, how about you check out the LS400, the car that pretty much took the fight to Mercedes and BMW and scared the hell out of them. It was their first attempt at a luxury flagship and it gained positive reception world wide.
The latest iteration of their flagship the LS460 is nothing to sneeze at in terms of prestige, refinement and technology. It takes the fight easily up to the S-class and 7 series in those three areas, far exceeding them in refinement.

We get you don't like the LF-A, that's fine but instead of acting like a two year old how about being a little more constructive with your posts? You're making yourself look like a fool.
You are a moron why don't you just go back to the 7th layer of hell ? 20 something are you ? never lived through the golden era of motorsport ? Call yourself an enthsiast . To even have the temerity to compare a Lexus to Benz shows how much of an entusiast you are. BTW just calling yourelf an enthusiast does'nt make you one except in your pin sized brain . And just what references to Ford are clutching at straws Moron ?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #164
Fireblade
Wizard Member

Quote:

Well said, for all the bleating about how boring and how crap Toyotas are why are they one of the biggest sellers worldwide?

Toyota is the bench mark for the manufacturing industry worldwide with standard practice and quality, just because you win a few races doesn't make you a good car manufacturer.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:26 AM   #165
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

Quote:
You are a moron why don't you just go back to the 7th layer of hell ? 20 something are you ? never lived through the golden era of motorsport ? Call yourself an enthsiast . To even have the temerity to compare a Lexus to Benz shows how much of an entusiast you are. BTW just calling yourelf an enthusiast does'nt make you one except in your pin sized brain . And just what references to Ford are clutching at straws Moron ?
My age is none of your business but thanks for the personal attack.
Your post just proved the point I raised in my previous post.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #166
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

We are done here.
Closed Thread