Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 16-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Wedding Ribbons

Hey guys, I am doing a wedding on Sunday for a mate and im supplying to BA XR's (mine and a demo), just wondering what is the best way to attach ribbons to them?

:eclipsee_

Thanks!

Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #2
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Well my car was recently used as a wedding car and she looked beautiful – the car that is - the bride looked alright if you like that kinda thing.

Best way to hook up the ribbon was to run it through that silver hooky clasp thing (technical term?) that locks the bonnet in place and then run it up through the open doors and tie on to the corner of the sun visors on either side. Worked for us. Make sure you get a good quality ribbon though as they blow around quite a bit and the last thing you want is for the ribbon to fray. Also you will need quite a lot of length we ended up using heaps more than we thought we would. Organza in the back window is also a nice touch.

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
EA2BA
PM me if you want

There has been threads on this before, I think you should consider something under the ribbon so it doesnt scuff the paint work.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 11:32 AM   #4
Donut Queen
Back Seat Driver

A ribbon can scuff paint?? How tough are these ribbons?
Great advice from Dogbreath_48 about selling a car: "umm..maybe edit your post a little bit. Leave out the bit about running over over your dog, remove the word 'sic', as well as the aformentioned washing/tidying!"
Donut Queen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 11:44 AM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

im hoping that the ribbon wont touch the paintwork on my car as i have a bonnet protector, hopefully anyways..

As for previous threads sorry I didnt do a search.

Tori how did you get them to sit tight? did you leave teh bonnet up a bit so they would pull tight when you closed it?

As for the ribbons im not getting them, my mate is..
Old 16-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #6
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut Queen
A ribbon can scuff paint?? How tough are these ribbons?
Just the moving backwards and forwards acrross the paintwork due to wind, any dirt under the ribbon is more the issue, will have a high potnetial to scratch the paintwork, no one wants the paint scratched

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 11:52 AM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NO specially not me!

My cars like new and hasnt got a swirl or scratch on it..

I had a look at the other thread, i guess i better go get some 3M bonnet guard.
Old 16-09-2005, 12:08 PM   #8
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Honestly the ribbons only touch the car on the front near the bonnet (but in your case you have a protector) and near the window sills as they enter into the car. My car was immaculately cleaned and polished so there was little chance of any dirt interfering with the ribbon initially but once it was on the road… well…

I actually tied off near the bonnet first – closed the bonnet and then ran the ribbon up towards the visors from there. I will admit they did come loose a little as I was driving but not in a way that was too noticeable. The genius of a man I had with me on the day did same fancy knot so we were able to adjust the tension from time to time when needed.

I don’t have any scratches on my car I am sure – I don’t think there is too much to worry about it if is only a once off kinda thing…

Good Luck – Your car will look beautiful I am sure – mine did…. I thought she looked like a princess – but that’s probably a girl thing right?!

Cheers, Tori
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2005, 03:13 PM   #9
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahaha i hope mine looks beautiful.. gonna spend tomorrow nite getting her right!

Anyways i just got some of this 3m stuff incase we need it, plus i can see it being handy for ohter jobs.
Old 17-09-2005, 12:29 PM   #10
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I'll be looking at doing this next year as well.
Will be using a few cars ... also going to be using the Territory (white) as a transport vehicle as well ... so will be chucking some ribbons on it as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #11
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heres a pic of the two cars im supplying tomorrow, they wil be joined by a Blueprint with 19s, should look alright.

All i can say is we need more room,

BA XR6 Shockwave
BA XR6 Rapid
BA XLS ute - Winter White,
SX Territory Ghia - Winter White
LS Focus - Black.

:
Old 18-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #12
GTP 320
Blueprint Beast

Just make sure that the ribbons are made of satin and you won't have problem.
Cheers John

Leather seats, Premium sound, Sunroof, Satellite Navigation, Reversing sensors, Herrods lowered suspension, Full stainless steel Quad exhaust system, Helix spacer,Open mouth cold air induction,Uni Chip,BMC air filter
GTP 320 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 01:28 AM   #13
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well the big day has come and gone..

Thanks to all the advice here, cars are home and no scratches (yay)..

Was a great day!