Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 15-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
Fiesta God
Ford Fiesta

Default WS Fiesta - Rally Stripes - Aus Supplier Now Available

Found this on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-FIESTA-W...item563d29b6fb

Looks like a Sydney-based supplier and fairly reasonably priced too

Fiesta God is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #2
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Emailed him a few weeks ago. They look good but I can't help but feel overhead stripes have been over killed. The XR4 made them cool again, but if I see another base model Swift or Yaris with huge cobra stripes, I may have to cut my wrists!
Old 15-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
shroomies49

I like the idea of the side decals myself! Like the montune ones

=)

To date: Phillips H1 & H7 Bluevision bulbs, K&N Panel filter,Centre console, clicon system for gps

To Do: 17" wheels and possibly lowering
shroomies49 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-07-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Personally, the stripes should only be on XRs with blues stripes on white body. Nothing else deserves them/looks as good. I saw a black WP LX fez with silver stripes and I was mortified.

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 09:41 AM   #5
Fled74
The Thread Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhilton
Emailed him a few weeks ago. They look good but I can't help but feel overhead stripes have been over killed. The XR4 made them cool again, but if I see another base model Swift or Yaris with huge cobra stripes, I may have to cut my wrists!
I agree with you 100%.
I used to have stripes on mine but took them off when every Swift owner and their sister started putting stripes on. Stripes aren't the exclusive province of Ford cars, but they don't look as good on non-Fords.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Im half and half at the moment. My Fiesta has some thin white stripes on the roof only. These are only 100mm wide. Was wanting to continue them through but am not sure.

The worst thing we have found is that being Panther Black there have been times when cars havent seen me. I am thinking at least with the white stripes it might make her stand out a little more

Might just keep them at the 100mm so its not too much like XR's.
MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #7
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fled74
I agree with you 100%. I used to have stripes on mine but took them off when every Swift owner and their sister started putting stripes on. Stripes aren't the exclusive province of Ford cars, but they don't look as good on non-Fords.
And I personally think your car looks incredibly clean without the stripes, but still stands out. Goes to show, sometimes it's the more natural style that stands out more as like you say everyone has aftermarket stripes these days.

But I agree with shroomies49, the Mountune side stripes are at least Fiesta specific, and in the right color would compliment the body as apposed to add clutter to it.

By no means do I knock anyone who has the stripes, I had a WP Zetec with them, but I feel like I'm in a minority by not having cobra stripes on my small car now! Plus I had white whit blue stripes, so it did look good
Old 16-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
InnerDevil
Owner Of The Evil ST

Yeh when i first got my WP and joined the forum, one of the first things i wanted to do to the car was get overhead stripes
I also have a panther black fiesta, and was going to get matte black stripes, but after alot of thinking i changed my mind and just gone without them

And me puttin stripes on my car takes away from the guys over from at the XR4 Forums, especially when people try racing u and then comment about them beating u of the line and by 3 car lengths
I simply dont wanna give the XR4 a slow "vibe" by puttin stripes on and being annihilated by another 1.6L or a 1.8L such and (jap car) such and for the people on the XR4 Forums to be like..... WTH we could easily have beaten them...

With the Mk7 fiesta's i think its alright to have overhead stripes cause theres no XR4 or ST equivalent as such, at the end of the day....its really, each to there own

just my 2c
Panther Black

17" Lenso Type M ~ Wrapped w/ Falken Tyres
Pedders Sports Ryder Lowered Springs
St Rear Spoiler
InnerDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #9
Oscuro

Side stripes are okay but overhead are over the top for street cars. Put grey ford logo side stripes on my blue WP decided logo was overkill and took em off but plain blue side panels looked boring so now just have plain grey side stripes no logo which just gives nice colour contrast without being over the top
Oscuro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #10
Fi.ES.TA

My 2cents worth (THEY ARE TOTALLY SH#T AND LOOK LIKE A B-DOUBLES JUST RUN OVER THE TOP OF IT) they make the car look so try hard they are way to wide.
Fi.ES.TA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-07-2010, 10:33 PM   #11
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If I had a white one and was going for stripes, I'd go a really light grey color to be a little more sutble

Your car, you like stripes, you should do it. I think the result will look great. Match it was nice set of rims.

Stripes are not exclusive to a model or make. Long before the fiesta, focus, falcon GT etc etc came along, there were cars getting stripes. If anything, it's modern car which don't deserve stripes.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #12
GEZZA ZETEC

I too am gonna get stripes at some point in the near future once i get settled wih the new house we just bought...

Has anyone got a lime green ws with stripes on here??
GEZZA ZETEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #13
Oscuro

delete
Old 20-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #14
Oscuro

Subtle stripes I hope

Old 20-07-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
Fled74
The Thread Killa

I reckon side stripes look much better - they make the Fez (especially the WP/WQ) look longer and lower, like Oscuro's above and this old shot of mine.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Last edited by Fled74; 20-07-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-07-2010, 10:47 PM   #16
dannyhilton
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have to admit, the side stripes look ace. A nice, showy but not over the top look. Not sure if those would suit a MK7 Fiesta, but they do look nice on a MK6.
Old 20-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #17
GEZZA ZETEC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuro
Subtle stripes I hope

Nope i am thinking the ones over the roof,bonnet etc
GEZZA ZETEC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post