Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 30-07-2010, 04:33 PM   #61
Streets
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot of food joints will give a discount to police as it encourages them to return. More police presence -- less trouble at their establishment. Nothing untowards about that. All police get free public transport as a matter of course.
Streets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #62
bungarra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911
Unethical? Yes. Against code of conduct? Yes. Against the law? Sorry, but your misinformed there.
The Crime and Corruption Commission, Infernal Repairs and WA Police Commissioner have stated flashing the badge for freebies or personal gain is an offence as comes under the same legislation as bribing an officer or accepting a bribe , hence why many WA shops, fast food restaurants etc, will discount for any emergency service personnel as a nicety for their dedication to service to the community.
bungarra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #63
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave3911
Unethical? Yes. Against code of conduct? Yes. Against the law? Sorry, but your misinformed there.
Well that makes it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra
The Crime and Corruption Commission, Infernal Repairs and WA Police Commissioner have stated flashing the badge for freebies or personal gain is an offence as comes under the same legislation as bribing an officer or accepting a bribe , hence why many WA shops, fast food restaurants etc, will discount for any emergency service personnel as a nicety for their dedication to service to the community.
Thanks Bungarra.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 PM   #64
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

much to the annoyance of the boss at work, anyone current or ex military, as well as all 3 emergency services gets a discount, normally doesnt happen unless you have an account with us
Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #65
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungarra
The Crime and Corruption Commission, Infernal Repairs and WA Police Commissioner have stated flashing the badge for freebies or personal gain is an offence as comes under the same legislation as bribing an officer or accepting a bribe
Wow, thats tight as.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2010, 10:34 PM   #66
coupecouple04

Best thing I have seen a cop do was on his patrol bike .Took off at the lights and did a mono for a good 40 meters great thing to see specially at peak hour at a very busy intersection.
coupecouple04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 AM   #67
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupecouple04
Took off at the lights and did a mono for a good 40 meters
I know that feeling, lol

haven't been impounded yet, but i've been to court for careless driving(waste of time, for only 3 points!) lol
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post