Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 17-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
Raphael081990

Default TS50 rear on AU II XR6

So ive been looking around these forums using the search function and i havent really found what im looking for.

What im after is a TS50 rear bar for my AU series 2 XR6, ive located none as i live in Adelaide and i found one for $540 its fiberglass if anyone knows a better price to get one brand new in adelaide plz let me know. Thats not painted or fitted either. But back to my main question is there any modding needed to fit it to the back of my car, i have a tow bar in the centre so a small cutout i guess will be needed. Anything else in terms of mounting it ?? or is it go straight on using the current rear bars mount holes and bolts ?

Raphael081990 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
bartsau
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Someone may be able to correct me but if i remember correctly the T's had 2 extra mounting points on the rear bar. I am sure i read that on here somewhere ages ago. Having said that i don't think an aftermarket/fiberglass one would have this issue.

Rhys.

AU I Forte Sedan - No longer
Toy Car Build
bartsau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #3
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Should just bolt straight up mate, if you want the compelte look, should find ur self set of ts50 skirts and a xr50 front end,

i had the ts50 rear bar on my sedan and bolted up no problems, but the dramas getting it all aligned up etc, in the end i got over it and got rid of it

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Last edited by frd906; 17-10-2010 at 10:29 PM.
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
chazza351
Banned

lot of work..will never look as good as a genuine
maybe try to get a rebel rear bar..genuine second hand between $300-$500..actually look great and suit the Xr's because they came out with them on
chazza351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Raphael081990

Yeah i plan to get some skirts etc for it but my rear bar atm got hit by mate >_< the other week so he's paying for the respray and work to fix the current one. So i planned on putting that money toward the painting etc of a new rear bar instead because the Ts50 ones look mad as.

The price i got between 540ish - 600 is that reasonable tho, i found a few in NSW and Vic but id have to get them delivered here anyway and would cost easy 100 to do so because of its size. Anyone know of any body kit places in adelaide in case i could find a better price for one ?

Hmm ill look into that rebel bar aswell, if its cheaper then im all for it

Thanks for your help so far aswell.

Last edited by Raphael081990; 17-10-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 17-10-2010, 11:09 PM   #6
Raphael081990

Just had a look at the Rebel rear bar thats looks rather nice actually similar as the Ts rear bar but least as u said Chazza they came out with that on the XRs. Ill get a price on that bar from the same one i was gonna get the TS50 bar from should be cheap as there not as rare as the Ts are.
Old 17-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
frd906
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you would be very lucky to find a genuine t rear bar, they are rare as, unless u find some one wrecking one

I enquired from ford ages ago about a genuine ts50 front, they wanted something like 2 grand for one

Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors
frd906 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2010, 12:23 AM   #8
Raphael081990

Yeah ive steered off the T style bars now, just been looking into the full kits, and im not to keen on fiber ones either, id rather get Genuine ones if i can. Im looking more into the Rebel kits now i rather like the design its not to over the top aswell.

Is anyone able to steer me in the right direction as to where i could get Rebel rear bars if not the full kit. I live in Adelaide as well.

Cheers