Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 18-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
somers181

Default WT 6 Speed Auto Box

I have now done 1200km's in the new Fiesta and i wanted to know if anyone else has had any problems with the auto box????

I have been having problems in peak hour traffic, the ratio's dont seem right, the car seems to surge when changing up from first to second, yesterday it was so bad that i came within a couple of inches hitting a van in front of me..
I have even tried to leave it in low on a few occaissions to see if that helps but you need to change up anything above 10 kph....

When i mentioned this to the dealer i was told to wait until i had travelled the 3,000 km's and bring it in for "an adjustment", not a first service as they dont change or replace anything its just some "adjustments" and if there were any other issues to make a list and they will look at it then........ the only other major issue was the carpet in the drivers side foot well is made to short and is coming away from the tunnel.

I am very impressed with everything else, the handling and steering are fantastic, its like the car is driving on rails around corners, its one of the best handling cars i've owned and i have driven quite a few over the years......

Has anybody else had any issues with the Autobox in traffic?????

Old 18-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
caprispecial

Hi, I too have a wt with powershift gearbox with about the same ks as you.
The first three gears seem to be set up to really get the car moving so in stop start traffic one needs to be very gentle on the throttle. When I first started driving it I seemed to be speeding all the time. I wouldnt say that there is anything wrong its just a case of getting used to how it works. Its fantastic in traffic compared to a manual.
Its my first car with cruise control too and I am really enjoying that.
caprispecial is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #3
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd tend to agree with "Caprispecial". It seems, to my layman's point of view, intended to get into the higher gears quickly so it will use less fuel.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2011, 10:38 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

one of my old bosses who had a auto merc had the same thing... the 6 and 7 speed auto's really wanna go up through the gears really quick to save fuel...

hopefully you'll find a way around it
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post