Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 18-06-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Just a crazy idea

After seeing thees in the for sale forum http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11321390

I was thinking how hard would it be to go straight gas turbo on a windsor I'm intrested what mods to smartlock ecu would need to be done to go straight gas I know that I would have to go back to a dizzy but what else would have to be done to get it running straight gas

Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 
Default Re: Just a crazy idea

Why would you need a dizzy to go straight gas? And why would you want straight gas? Just get injected gas if you're worried about power.
Old 18-06-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
AUIIPURSUIT
pursuit ute baby

the beauty of gas also is you can run more boost than ulp. He's referring to dedicated gas, meaning theres no mid-tune.

do it !
Old 18-06-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Boza
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah sorry meant dedicated gas and yes you can run more boost cause lpg has the same properties as avgas thats why all the quick sub 9sec au six engines are running straight gas.

I love that orange mustang that runs an au six straight gas and he's in the 9's
Boza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not hard at all. depends what system you want to use. gra is probably your best bet, a gas carby (or 2) and an appropriate converter (or 2) and go nuts. the au computer can be edited to adjust timing depending on what boost you are running so there's no probs there. you have 3 options for that anyway, sct flash tune, sniper tune or a j3 chip. have a look through the forced induction and lpg areas, you're not the first one to come up with this idea...

http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=11
http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=71
http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=114

if you can't find anything throw a thread up in one of them and someone will sort you out
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

Straight gas, dedicated gas, single fuel, gas only, I know what you mean.
But yeah, do what bodes says.
Old 19-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know some people on here have done it, but i think there`s a lot of head aches doing it(including making it last), my brother has tried it after 12 months he put it back to petrol, his mate also spent a lot of dollars trying it on a built engine, ended up he gave the lpg the boot.
good luck whichever way you go.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post