Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 13-07-2011, 07:22 PM   #31
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 
Default Re: Buying a 4x4 vs going RTV style

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevypower
Actually Toyota parts grow on trees in the bush, not that you need them to, because they never need to be repaired, they are 100% reliable....
Yeah, sure they are
Toyota recalls FJ Cruiser - Faulty side airbags lead to safety recall for all Toyota FJ Cruisers sold Down Under

Every make has it's issues
Old 14-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #32
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
I don't know... I thought my sarcasm was obvious. I actually HATE Toyota!
chevypower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #33
LethalLeigh
Get in the van!

Budget is a bit of an issue at the moment but we may end up holding off on a decision for a few months yet and get a bit more money behind us.

The missus is pretty keen on an AWD Territory at the moment. Someone will have to help me out here though and remind me if they come with rear LSD standard. The key driving point for her wanting something Falcon based is that she has confidence driving with that much power and as much as I've explained torque vs power in the context of turbo diesel vs the trusty ol' 4L I'm not getting a whole lot of traction if you pardon the pun.

Ultimately if we go full size 4x4 I'm not averse to a Pajero having worked for a Mitsubishi dealer a few years back. It may be bias but I've rarely been able to justify the cost of a Toyota 4x4 be it new or used.
Old 14-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #34
Raptor
^^^^^^^^
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For quietly going about moderating in a fair and even manner. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
....The missus is pretty keen on an AWD Territory at the moment. Someone will have to help me out here though and remind me if they come with rear LSD standard. ....
Smart women

No Territory comes with a LSD. Traction control is handled by the electronics and the ABS (braking wheels that slip).

Also see Territory any good for towing?
Old 14-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #35
jed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLeigh
Budget is a bit of an issue at the moment but we may end up holding off on a decision for a few months yet and get a bit more money behind us.

The missus is pretty keen on an AWD Territory at the moment. Someone will have to help me out here though and remind me if they come with rear LSD standard. The key driving point for her wanting something Falcon based is that she has confidence driving with that much power and as much as I've explained torque vs power in the context of turbo diesel vs the trusty ol' 4L I'm not getting a whole lot of traction if you pardon the pun.

Ultimately if we go full size 4x4 I'm not averse to a Pajero having worked for a Mitsubishi dealer a few years back. It may be bias but I've rarely been able to justify the cost of a Toyota 4x4 be it new or used.

on carsales awd territory's in sa start at around the $11k mark, might be worth window shopping , mate.
jed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post