Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Closed Thread

Old 29-08-2011, 11:57 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default over moderation .

my thread "MAYAN CALENDER" closed because a moderator thinks its brain dead .
that was a 5 year old thread , with no insults in it . just cause a moderator has the power to . closes it with an insult .
may i remind the mods that not everything is thier cup of tea . they dont have to close a thread if it doesnt breech site terms just cause they dont agree , or arent interested in the topic . fact is the MAYAN calender does exist , wehter its theoretical or not . no one was preaching it , it was a topic of interest to some .

Old 30-08-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Re: over moderation .

Maybe it would be better to take it up with the mod or someone higher (like Russ)?

You know creating a thread on this doesn't last long and doesn't achieve much.
Old 30-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #3
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt
Maybe it would be better to take it up with the mod or someone higher (like Russ)?

You know creating a thread on this doesn't last long and doesn't achieve much.
maybe so . i thought the site support would be a nice place to publicly reply . as i had no right of reply to a public insult on the topic .
perhaps the bar should be closed down .
Old 30-08-2011, 12:16 AM   #4
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

I actually take offense to anyone having a go at the mods. Try sitting in their shoes for a moment and see how hard it is...they are after all only human.

A better approach would have been to send a PM to Admin. - russellw, spoolman or wulos!
Old 30-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #5
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
I actually take offense to anyone having a go at the mods. Try sitting in their shoes for a moment and see how hard it is...they are after all only human.

A better approach would have been to send a PM to Admin. - russellw, spoolman or wulos!

i understand . it isnt easy being a moderator . perhaps a pm to admin would've been more appropriate .
Old 30-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #6
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
my thread "MAYAN CALENDER" closed because a moderator thinks its brain dead .
that was a 5 year old thread , with no insults in it . just cause a moderator has the power to . closes it with an insult .
may i remind the mods that not everything is thier cup of tea . they dont have to close a thread if it doesnt breech site terms just cause they dont agree , or arent interested in the topic . fact is the MAYAN calender does exist , wehter its theoretical or not . no one was preaching it , it was a topic of interest to some .
No I closed the thread because it was 5 years old, had no new valid information and was now just full of lampooning and off topic posts.
Old 30-08-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i understand . it isnt easy being a moderator . perhaps a pm to admin would've been more appropriate .
Yes it probably would have or a PM to Flappist....... But in saying that it is always at a mods discretion to close a thread and as this is first and foremost a car forum, threads like that will always be under scrutiny. I am sure there are 'tin foil hat' forums that one can discuss these things somewhere.

It is a forum where threads come and go and some do take things too personally when they are closed. Just move on to the next.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Closed Thread