Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-09-2011, 12:29 AM   #91
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Vfacts August 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyc
Wow, SZ Territory is holding very strongly at that 1500-1650 sales a month mark. Those diesel sales are ticking over very well. It's sales rate is about 1000 a month higher than the SY2 was achieving earlier this year.

Now, to get the FG Falcon back over 2250 a month with the addition of EcoLPi. I think September will see a nice uptick from the current 1650 that we have seen recently.

Ute will hopefully surge back towards 1000 a month with EcoLPi.

Mondeo is continuing to hold 2nd in the medium segment.
The "problem" with that is that Broadmeadows is basically selling all that they are producing at 209/day,
if EcoLPI gives the boost Ford is expecting then they will have to either do Saturdays or think
about lifting the line rate back up to around 260/day...

I would like to see FoA grab the contract for building RHD Mondeos in FAPA, even if it's only another 1,000 units per month,
that still adds more production to Broadmeadows and shortens delivery times compared to Ford Europe.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #92
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80
I would like to see FoA grab the contract for building RHD Kugas in FAPA
Fixed.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #93
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Fixed.
Won't happen.

Pipe dream.
Fordman1 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #94
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barraxr8
Won't happen.

Pipe dream.
Some people might argue that is the case for Mondeo production in OZ.
A G8E would be good if Ford marketed squarely at Calais V8 owners. They need to bring back the walking fingers like in the initial FG ads, but this time have the fingers crushing Calais' as they walk along, with some relaxing background Led Zeppelin music and Marcos Ambrose in stubbies and singlet driving it.
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #95
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The "problem" with that is that Broadmeadows is basically selling all that they are producing at 209/day,
if EcoLPI gives the boost Ford is expecting then they will have to either do Saturdays or think
about lifting the line rate back up to around 260/day....
No they are not... 209 x 5 days x 4.3 weeks (FYI: there is on average 4.3 weeks per month) equals 4,493.. They have not sold that many in months, if not over a year!! 500ish short in August & 700 ish short in July. They need EcoLpi to ship to get to this rate..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #96
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
No they are not... 209 x 5 days x 4.3 weeks (FYI: there is on average 4.3 weeks per month) equals 4,493.. They have not sold that many in months, if not over a year!! 500ish short in August & 700 ish short in July. They need EcoLpi to ship to get to this rate..
thats if they work seven day's...3.4 if they work 5 day's a week..
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 05:44 PM   #97
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior
Fixed.
Kuga/Escape has already bee awarded to Taiwan as replacement for existing Escape.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #98
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1) FoA was still on 3-day week in July and didn't return to 5-day week until early August.

2) There was a maximum of 22 work days in August but there was a couple of planned
down days as well, so only approx 20 days worked which is around 4,180 vehicles,
with exports to NZ and stock for EcoLPI release and pre-ordered fleet vehicles,
that would be just about right, do you agree?

I would expect a significant jump in registrations this month as fleets take delivery of orders...

Also, there are more planned down days this month for maintenance and changes in the plant.
Others here have already explained that this is happening and will continue.

Last edited by jpd80; 10-09-2011 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #99
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davez621
Hey Russell, just noticed your Impreza sales figure of 1,007 is for July, not August. You are also still spelling it wrong - it doesn't have two z's (you write "Imprezza").

Secondly, why do you state that the 300C with 9 sales maintains it's segment lead? Doesn't the Caprice have the lead of the upper-large segment?
I take my data (and spelling) out of the figures supplied. I'll change the spelling of the ugly Subaru buzz box and fix the August figure.

Despite the fact that VFACTs place all of the LWB vehicles in the Upper Large category we always had them separated so that we could directly compare Fairlane/Statesman/300C (similar price brackets) and LTD / Caprice. This leaves the 300C alone in the "prestige" end of it and the Caprice alone in the "luxury" end.

Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 06:21 PM   #100
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naddis01
Also missing the Medium segment graph.

Hyundai I45 must have taken a nose dive in this segment this month if it didn't make the top 5.
Fixed and yes it did nosedive to 308 sales.

Cheers
Russ

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 PM   #101
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobes32
Some people might argue that is the case for Mondeo production in OZ.
Kuga /Escape has been awarded to Taiwan, they have existing infrastructure and engine plant in place.
Building 700-1,000 Mondeos a month from imported parts kits to save extended waiting times
makes a lot more sense than trying to uproot the Escape production and move it here.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting but just saying that another 1,000/mth of +$30K product would
be good for local manufacturing at Broadmeadows...

Last edited by jpd80; 10-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #102
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
1) FoA was still on 3-day week in July and didn't return to 5-day week until early August.

2) There was a maximum of 22 work days in August but there was a couple of planned
down days as well, so only approx 20 days worked which is around 4,180 vehicles,
with exports to NZ and stock for EcoLPI release and pre-ordered fleet vehicles,
that would be just about right, do you agree?

I would expect a significant jump in registrations this month as fleets take delivery of orders...

Also, there are more planned down days this month for maintenance and changes in the plant.
Others here have already explained that this is happening and will continue.
agreed with your maths, but what I was trying to say is they still need a lift from current sales rate to match FULL current build rate (i.e no down days). That lift will come from EcoLPi of course.. Someone here mentioned the down days in August where becuase they had 4 days to much stock & where trying to get this down. After August's sales vs build rates, I'd say they now have 5 days to much stock. I believe more down days are set for Sep to get stock down? So, Saturday work is a long way off..
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #103
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
agreed with your maths, but what I was trying to say is they still need a lift from current sales rate to match FULL current build rate (i.e no down days). That lift will come from EcoLPi of course.. Someone here mentioned the down days in August where becuase they had 4 days to much stock & where trying to get this down. After August's sales vs build rates, I'd say they now have 5 days to much stock. I believe more down days are set for Sep to get stock down? So, Saturday work is a long way off..
Yes, there are more planned down days in September and October but not because of slow sales.
Ford have been building EcoLPI engines for weeks so they must be building up stock numbers
before official release date, just like they did with Territory...That explains the difference in
last month's registrations verses calculated build numbers.

EcoLPI will be a strong seller in Ute and sedan sales should lift significantly and it's hard to say
what actual sales increase will be but Ford has put a lot of stock in this move, I think that
they deserve some credit for choosing this gutsy path and regaining profitable fleet sales.

Give them a chance, the down days are for maintenance and changes to the plant in front of FG II.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #104
naddis01
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellw
Fixed and yes it did nosedive to 308 sales.

Cheers
Russ
Thanks Russ. I always look forward to checking out the figures.
naddis01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #105
dburrast
Starter Motor

hi all
i have owned a lw trend 2l auto for about 5 weeks now.
3021ks on clock. still having problems with the gearbox being in too high a gear at lower revs when coasting then when accelerating it does not change down it labours the engine and vibrates until the revs pick up. the dealer recognises the problem but can do nothing to help and ford are no help either.
i also have another problem , when driving the car and after it warms up when turning a left hand corner there is a loud rattle cimming from the engine area. I can hear it with the windows up. the dealer has made another car in their yard do the same thing but once again connot locate or fix it.
i am now very frustrated with the car after being excited at firast (wish i hjad bought a mazda)
dburrast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #106
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburrast
hi all
i have owned a lw trend 2l auto for about 5 weeks now.
3021ks on clock. still having problems with the gearbox being in too high a gear at lower revs when coasting then when accelerating it does not change down it labours the engine and vibrates until the revs pick up. the dealer recognises the problem but can do nothing to help and ford are no help either.
i also have another problem , when driving the car and after it warms up when turning a left hand corner there is a loud rattle cimming from the engine area. I can hear it with the windows up. the dealer has made another car in their yard do the same thing but once again connot locate or fix it.
i am now very frustrated with the car after being excited at firast (wish i hjad bought a mazda)
image imageimage
Oh dear, very sorry to hear about your problems.

No consolation but this is similar problems US buyers are experiencing which
Ford is dismissing as driver not being accustomed to difference in DSG 'box
versus auto and torque converter.

I think this is a software glitch and hope that FoA comes up with a fix pronto,
the last thing we want is Ford customers suffering bad experiences and swearing off the brand..

Fingers crossed help is coming soon....
Old 12-10-2011, 10:41 AM   #107
dburrast
Starter Motor

yes i have read the usa forums and they are having real problems. your right i also believe the software i biased to far towards fuel economy and should be adjusted to match the gear with the revs better. but because i am not a ford engineer they choose not to listen
dburrast is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post