Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
Headovrheelz
Starter Motor

Default Changing fog light colours

Hey all,

Anyone know how to change the colour of your fog lights, i assume it would be either with a bulb or a film over the cover of the lens??

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_1006.jpg (32.4 KB, 65 views)
Headovrheelz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 
Default Re: Changing fog light colours

The two ways you have said, unless you can get a coloured tint to spray on them (a bit like when people smoke their rear lights).

In some states or if not all they will be illegal to operate even in Fog if you do this.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Headovrheelz
Starter Motor

Reckon this stuff will do the trick?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30x200cm-Dar...item3f0e2dc005
Old 04-11-2011, 12:08 AM   #4
vhcbm
having Fiesta withdrawals

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Ford couldn't fix my BlueTooth issue. This member posted a download link, with instruction, on how to do it myself. One week on, the unit hasn't played up once. Three different dealers told me to virtually 'Live with it. 

definitely, provided water wont lift it off etc.

Past: 2009 Ford Fiesta LX in Vision Blue - Sold
vhcbm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #5
Headovrheelz
Starter Motor

Thanks might give it a go since its so cheap anyways
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
danbevsta
Starter Motor

Wont work as well,

Look for a cheap HID kit, ($35ish) and get the K's thats in the colour you want!

OR,

Search for LEDs, I know there is blue ones suitable for the foglamps
danbevsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2012, 01:42 AM   #7
Fled74
The Thread Killa

In VIC it's illegal to have visible blue lights on the front or rear of your car. I had blue LED sidelights for a while, and a cop kindly informed me that they were enough for me to get a defect notice (he didn't issue one though). I put the factory ones back in.

I'd advise you to check the legality of your planned mods with the relevant authorities as well as your insurer.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
Fled74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #8
harweyko
Starter Motor

I`ve used the foil from Ebay, just yellow one, cut 2 circles with 65mm in diameter and here is the result:

There was lot of light at parking place but it is possible to clearly see the yellow light at the snow.

harweyko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I just replaced the globes (in a Falcon though) to the yellow ones.

What globes are used in the Fiesta foglights now???

I used to try and get PIAA or the like ... but had issues with my last set ... and had issues find them for a decent price.

Currently using cheapy eBay ones ... and work really well ... even with a smashed front foglight lens in the rain ... these globes I have now still work (even in the rain with no protection on one of them ... go figure).

I am pretty sure I have seen LED replacements with the base of modified to suit different globe types (H3, etc)
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Changing colour - highly illegal, makes it easy for cops to pick to you out a long way off to defect you, voids insurance - apart from that, looks good...
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #11
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

You can change colour ... as long as it doesn't utilise emergency vehicle light colours. Not many colours the choose from though that aren't utilised.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
Caydus

hot pink?
Caydus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #13
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

RTA is close to hot pink .... LOL
They have purple. Hahahahahaha
Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
You can change colour ... as long as it doesn't utilise emergency vehicle light colours. Not many colours the choose from though that aren't utilised.
So the bright green lights in post #1 would be totally legal? I don't like your chances of arguing that one with the cops... or insurance provider for that matter.
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 08:52 PM   #15
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Green is used by Rangers here that I know of.

I know you can get driving light covers in different colours ... Lightforce advise what colour is used for what application ... I think Red can be used for Snow ... or was it Dust. So many truck drivers use them on their driving lights..
Old 08-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #16
In Focus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I suppose you can't just turn them into DRL led lights. There'd be some rule about how they're wired up and/or when they come on.

Hers: 2020 Ford Puma JK: 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cylinder, 7-speed DCT in Frozen White.
In Focus is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post