Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #31
Ford_The_Win
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Territory Diesel sales going strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
AFF is making Gover look like a massive blue blood at the moment. i'm serious and i'm a bit puzzled as to why the forum admin let it continue for so long. the threads and comments on this forum lately are doing more brand damage than the media put together.

proof that it is infectious is the last couple of posts. normally 2 guys that are positive toward the brand.

january was a bad month but it was a short month and was hail affected also. next few months might be slow but the sky isn't falling just yet.
Definitely, a potential buyer doing a bit of quick google research on the Falcon would probably end up reading threads like these. AFF is doing it's fair share of damage and erosion of the Falcon name too. The way I see it, the Falcon has been around for so long, dodged so many bullets, it's a survivor. The Valiant and the Charger, the Kingswood, the Torana, the Magna and the Sigma, they all came and went, but the Falcon is still with us, it's still kicking, there's still hope for the future based on what's happened in the past.

On the other hand, fantastic news for the Terri, it's a very important segment and I'm confident they can maintain their lead this year.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:39 AM   #32
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
AFF is making Gover look like a massive blue blood at the moment. i'm serious and i'm a bit puzzled as to why the forum admin let it continue for so long. the threads and comments on this forum lately are doing more brand damage than the media put together.

proof that it is infectious is the last couple of posts. normally 2 guys that are positive toward the brand.

january was a bad month but it was a short month and was hail affected also. next few months might be slow but the sky isn't falling just yet.
Forward orders are looking poor, private buyers continue to drop and rental orders haven't come either, down days are planned for next month. Looking forward signs aren't so good, will Ecoboost make a difference? Hard to say. These sorts of new ideas rely on advertising to get the word out, will Ford even bother?

Territorys doing really well though.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #33
prydey
Rob

i appreciate that you are on the inside, but things don't happen overnight. they have a great model lineup for 9 months of 2012 and beyond. if they can tread water for a bit there is hope.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #34
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Forward orders are looking poor, private buyers continue to drop and rental orders haven't come either, down days are planned for next month. Looking forward signs aren't so good, will Ecoboost make a difference? Hard to say. These sorts of new ideas rely on advertising to get the word out, will Ford even bother?

Territorys doing really well though.
I'm hearing that Territory orders are holding up OK but but Falcon fleet orders haven't materialised...
This is worrying as Ford pinned a lot of their hopes on EcoLPI stemming the losses in sales.

What will they do, you can't just keep building LPG to stock, Maybe they forward build Ecoboost
next month and ease back on EcoLPI builds for a while, see what happens after EB launch...
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #35
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

With interset rates going up instead of the expected lowering, only mining related industries booming and paying incredible wages, pessimism spreading like a bush fire into retailing, manufacturing and anything not resources related, it's no wonder. I have a supplier to Toyota as my work neighbour and their loading bays have never looked so quite in the last 10 years. I know a few locals looking at refinancing ther balloon on work vehicles rather then buying new, save a little per month, maybe buy an extended warranty and have full equity when they do trade in 18-24 months.
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #36
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith
With interset rates going up instead of the expected lowering, only mining related industries booming and paying incredible wages, pessimism spreading like a bush fire into retailing, manufacturing and anything not resources related, it's no wonder. I have a supplier to Toyota as my work neighbour and their loading bays have never looked so quite in the last 10 years. I know a few locals looking at refinancing ther balloon on work vehicles rather then buying new, save a little per month, maybe buy an extended warranty and have full equity when they do trade in 18-24 months.
That's the other part of the puzzle some are missing, Novated leases have changed.
A lot of buyers are refinancing their existing vehicles, the minimum is 12 months
but I'm hearing some are going two or three years to keep payments low until
they see the wash up of changed FBT liability on + 40,000 km/year usage
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #37
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Its based on reality, from what I can see from the inside. I'm not saying it because i'm liking it, i'm saying it because its the most likely scenario.

Its a simple fact, no car can survive on such low sales, and unless things dramatically improve it has no chance of survival. Thats going to be near impossible with a company that seems to not want to back it with advertising, and with the public's confidence in the car absolutely shot due to the last year or two of constant negative media from people like Paul Gover, who seem to do their best to make sure no one buys it by constantly trashing Falcon.

Makes me angry but i'm telling it like I see it. Wish I was gloating about how well Falcon is doing but reality bites.
Sorry, but until it is fact it is nothing more than negative speculation which is hurting the brand, therefore increasing the chances of it dying.
This forum (and most other media) is doing more harm than good to the Falcon at the moment... I mean, even someone who was considering buying may think twice if they believe it wont be around much longer.

Go play on the stock market instead. Give the Falcon a fighting chance.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post