Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 19-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #1
662DXP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Brake booster

Hi There everyone,

I am build a 302 Windsor Xp 2 door coupe. And I'm looking to fit a brake booster to the firewall along with a double master cylinder. Has anyone done this and what set up did you use??? I have heard a few people talk about a Gemini booster as they are only about 5 inches in diameter with a xb master cylinder??? Any info or pics would be help full.
Cheers Darryl.

662DXP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #2
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 
Default Re: Brake booster

Have a look at hoppers stoppers do a kit specific for XP, fits up nice too
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
662DXP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thanks Mate,

I have a tread in classics of my project. And have just replied to noflac52 who has also mentioned hopper stoppers, He has also told me to move my thread to the projects which I have now done and updates will happen there as I do them. Have you purchased a kit and in place how much roughly???? Disc up front drum back set up????
Cheers Darryl
Old 20-02-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
graham7773
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just a thought, why don't you go to 4 wheel discs? It is not all that hard to do. I believe that some of the later Falcon diffs almost bolt straight in. By later, I mean XW, XY, XA,B,C. and maybe even the D,E,F diffs.
graham7773 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
gregaust
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Greg always goes out of his way to provide assistance and support to members of AFF. Greg freely shares his knowledge with people who ask for help and often assists them with obtaining parts and repairs.  A great member of the AFF community. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always happy to offer assistance from his own experiences and often posts up photos when someone is having issues finding/locating something they are trying to repair or replace. 

The kit was about $550 which is pretty fair considering you'd hardly buy a new booster and master at that price .
It fits up pretty nicely and has all you need , minor mods to the pedal box and open up the hole in the firewall a touch..

If you like i have a copy of the instructions i can send you , PM me an email address if you'd like to see .
gregaust is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #6
The Yeti
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mate shoot down to the classic falcons thread and in the modifications bible you'll find a few options

theres a number of ways of doing it and a lot less expensive ways of doing it that using hoppers over priced eBay quality compnents

I post images with postimg.cc (so I don’t forget)
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2012, 05:14 PM   #7
662DXP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham7773
Just a thought, why don't you go to 4 wheel discs? It is not all that hard to do. I believe that some of the later Falcon diffs almost bolt straight in. By later, I mean XW, XY, XA,B,C. and maybe even the D,E,F diffs.

Hi Mate,
I think the later models from xr on are wider. I have a Centura diff to go into the project and the give me the five stud pattern and for memory they were about an 8 and 3/4 inch diff???

Cheers
Old 20-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #8
662DXP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaust
The kit was about $550 which is pretty fair considering you'd hardly buy a new booster and master at that price .
It fits up pretty nicely and has all you need , minor mods to the pedal box and open up the hole in the firewall a touch..

If you like i have a copy of the instructions i can send you , PM me an email address if you'd like to see .

Hi Mate have sent you a PM
Old 20-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
662DXP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yeti
mate shoot down to the classic falcons thread and in the modifications bible you'll find a few options

theres a number of ways of doing it and a lot less expensive ways of doing it that using hoppers over priced eBay quality compnents

Hi Mate,

Thanks for that will go and have a look at the bible.

Cheers