Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #31
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: VW Sirrocon.

Scirocco R DSG - $49,990.

+ Sunroof, Premium Sound, Sat nav, onroads and dealer delivery = $60k. For a FWD hatch. Kind of a hard pill to swallow that one.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #32
Josh_XC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
Scirocco R DSG - $49,990.

+ Sunroof, Premium Sound, Sat nav, onroads and dealer delivery = $60k. For a FWD hatch. Kind of a hard pill to swallow that one.
Not really, how much is a XR5 with those featurs? It would have to be close to 55ish?
Bionic BF XR8 - 6 speed manual, reversing sensors, premium sound, GT starter button. 218rwkw - Got to love the BOSS!!
Josh_XC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 09:54 AM   #33
mrghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They are quick but the ride is rock hard in it, it does have some softer setting but was told they don't really make much difference.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #34
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
Not really, how much is a XR5 with those featurs? It would have to be close to 55ish?
They don't make the XR5 anymore, but it was $34k plus onroads and pretty sure it came with premium sound already. So about $20k cheaper!
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #35
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_XC
Not even close, the first LS was around 40k~, and there is/was minimal options for an XR5- OTT's, leather, EO paint reverse sensors, sunroof and thats about it IIRC.
LV when it was released wasnt even as expensive at the LS, with a few more creature comforts aswell.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #36
Powdered Toast Man
Professional Mouse Jockey

LV XR5 were 34G ish runout price with leather being the only option adding 2G. I know 'cause I was shopping for one at the time. I didn't buy one as you can see by my sig, I'm still in my 3V. Not because of the Focus though.

The hefty price after options is the only issue with the VW hot hatch range. But really it applies to all the europeans. Nothing worthwhile is cheap anymore......

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Groucho Marx
Powdered Toast Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #37
drew`SEVNT5
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
This is hawtness as far as hatchism goes...

Any and all reviews place the Megane 250 above any of it's rivals, if you bought the VW, you'd be doing it just because it is a VW. Megane 250 Looks better than the oddly proportioned VW as well. This is the word of the lord our god, amen.
Amen indeed. The only other car I considered in Nov2011, when I bought the 370... Wouldn't give up my car, but would like a RS250 to park next to it, as the practical car :P

-2011 Nissan 370z Coupe (6M)-
-2006 Husqvarna SMRR450-
drew`SEVNT5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #38
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew`SEVNT5
Amen indeed. The only other car I considered in Nov2011, when I bought the 370... Wouldn't give up my car, but would like a RS250 to park next to it, as the practical car :P
More practical than a 370, sure :P

But yeah. I'm a big 370 fan. Funny you say that about considering the RS250, because the 370 is the only other fun car I'd have as well.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #39
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
This is hawtness as far as hatchism goes...

Any and all reviews place the Megane 250 above any of it's rivals, if you bought the VW, you'd be doing it just because it is a VW. Megane 250 Looks better than the oddly proportioned VW as well. This is the word of the lord our god, amen.
Ive actually been looking at the RS250 as a replacement for my XR5 but problem is im 12mths min away from something different. Id love an RS Focus but they will be too old come that time. That said this part of the market is getting better and better. I look forward to my next hot hatch, i have a good one now albeit at the bottom end of the market but bloody good value.
If you had said to me 3 years ago ill be in a hot FWD hatch id have laughed at you
You summed it up in the highlighted bit, i agree there (Golf isnt though)