Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Dealer service .. Now bolts/nuts missing ..

Just had wifes XR6 dealer serviced and on the drive home noticed noise of something rolling around as I went around corners. When I got home I had a quick look and noticed a 10mm bolt sitting in the plastic tray in front of the windscreen where the wiper park. Eventually I realized it had come from the air inlet pipe where it secures it to the inlet manifold (FG Egas so still using the old alloy inlet manifold).

Only issue is the othe nut which holds the other side of the pipe is missing (gone I assume) and I'm not sure about how the wiring loom attaches .. Assume they removed that for some reason?

Anyone got a photo of the left side of an BA-FG Egas engine so I can see how the inlet pipe is attached .. Specifically the bolt annd nut and wiring harness?

OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Dealer service .. Now bolts/nuts missing ..

can`t help you mate sorry , but that`s a pretty poor state of affairs on the part of the dealers/ mechanic, i would for sure be taking some pics and giving them a phone call, maybe send them an email with the pics, this has to be worth some sort of humble pie on their part, possibly some recompense in some way.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's not a major issue .. Just want it all back the way it was. If you lose two bolts each service, then by the time you sell the car who knows what would have fallen off ..
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 PM   #4
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Take it back.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
xisled
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they can not even get those 2 small bolts on, maybe you should check your wheel nuts :s.
xisled is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #6
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Another Ford dealership success story. Seriously, if they can't bolt up a car properly afterwards, then what's the point?
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Windsor342ci
The Experience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiesta_Man69
Another Ford dealership success story. Seriously, if they can't bolt up a car properly afterwards, then what's the point?

Aint you the popular guy here? The one everybody love riding on???

Anyway. Just go back man. Talk to them. You just might be surprised.
Windsor342ci is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Rusty62
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am always very skeptical of any service I get, but in particular mechanical servicing. I seen guys crash bikes because the dealer didn't tighten the sump plug - on two different occasions. It also happened to me years ago in a new EL falcon - fortunately I noticed oil on the garage floor before the plug actually fell out, otherwise the motor probably would have been history.

I always do a fairly thorough inspection under the bonnet and around the car before driving off. You can feel the daggars in your back but its worth making the effort I reckon
2011 FG GT-P #138 BLOWN 5.0, Auto, Vanish
2003 BA G220 Lighting Strike/Black leather
2007 BF Mk2 Fairmont Ghia 4.0, ZF in Ego/Cream Leather
1989 Daihatsu Rocky 4x4 - for the bush
2015 Nissan Patrol - for the long drive to the bush
2014 BMW R1200GS
2009 Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
plus the boat and trailer...fark that’s 9 regos and insurances each year
Rusty62 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:38 PM   #9
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Take it back.
seems the priority was to go online and share the experience. thread started at 4:30pm. perhaps time would have been better spent taking the car back rather than sitting by the keyboard.

best i can do mate - pic is bf2 but should be same. can't really see loom, sorry.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
markm7843

Althought I don't condone the fact the car wasn't serviced properly, kudos to the OP for just wanting to fix his wife's car and get on with life.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I live more than 30min from dealer ... Wouldn't have got back in time. I'll check with them to tomorrow, but just want it secured before something else might fall off. Half the trouble with servicing is the hassle getting the car there, etc ..

Priority was to understand what changed/missing .. Hence looking for a picture.

Oh .. This is Victoria too .. Time was 4:50pm.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

I had my rear diff bushes and seal done at a local Ford dealer in April. Since then it has been 'clunking' sometimes when I take off, and sometimes when I back off the throttle in a low gear. Because it was intermittent I started to worry that they hadn't torqued something up - like the Blade-to-Chassis bolts, or the diff cradle bolts.

Took the thing in earlier this week, and sure enough, one of the bushes has been installed incorrectly. Fixed without fuss.

So it's doubled edged isn't it. I was quite polite about it - even saying if something 'old' had since failed because of the work done then I'd look after it, I just wanted the thing checked and all the bolts torqued. Happy that they fixed it. Worried that they made the mistake in the first place.

It's hard to get the best of both worlds. Ford dealers have all the tools, but cheap inexperienced TAFE level staff doing most of the work with the occassional senior guy doing all the mentoring. Independent mechanics have the years of experience but no Ford tools.

Lukeyson
Old 05-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #13
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Plaizier

It's hard to get the best of both worlds. Ford dealers have all the tools, but cheap inexperienced TAFE level staff doing most of the work with the occassional senior guy doing all the mentoring. Independent mechanics have the years of experience but no Ford tools.

Lukeyson

thats the problem with all deadlership workshops.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 02:45 AM   #14
chopmgw

New to this site but have seen a few threads bagging people for complaining about the poor service of their Ford dealers work.
Good on em I say.
Dont put up with sub std work. Doesnt matter who it is.
chopmgw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #15
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Can mods move this to the LPG forum? I might get the picture I'm looking for there .. Ta ...