Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 04-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
shane3
FPV GT 0915

Default Stolen Custom Fpv Rego Plates

Hi to all, as the title states some *** hat last night stole my custom number plates off my FPV BA GT while it was in the drive way, Narre Warren South 3805, The car rego is GT0915 (build no#)

The plates have been reported stolen !!!!!!

They have taken both plates front and back, they drilled holes in the perspex plastic covers that were stuck on to the rego plates to get to the screws, the perspex plates were siliconed to the plates, as a result of the the plates being reported stolen (unless recovered) will never be able to be used again so it's a real **** off (Vic roads will not reissue "stolen plates")

Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
strik9
aka fpv747

Default Re: Stolen Custom Fpv Rego Plates

that blows mate. they wanted them to come prepared. local teenagers know dout. what a pain.
strik9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
Kryton

You wont see them again.
They are sitting above the bar in someones shed.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

They won't re-issue stolen plates??? What a joke. They are probably being hung in some persons man cave... doubt they were taken for a petrol runner as they obviously went to some lenghts to get yours..

Edit: Beat me by 2 minutes Davway

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #5
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

that's a bit of a stab in the ****

I reckon based on your story if mine went missing I would just detatch them (return to a regular plate) for a month or two and then request them be remade with a colour change

Can you go back and say they have been recovered so you don't loose your build number (even if you had to get one of those novely plate manufacturers to replicate your missing ones)
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Booger

It's a bit late for the OP but what are the screws you can get that once they're on you can't unscrew them again. My personalised plates will be coming in a couple of weeks and I don't want the same thing happening to me.
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #7
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
They won't re-issue stolen plates??? What a joke. Edit:
If they reissued them he would be getting pulled over every 5 mins because they're listed as stolen, and any offences committed with the stolen plates, he would be getting the please explain letter.
Just wouldn't work unfortunately.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #8
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger
It's a bit late for the OP but what are the screws you can get that once they're on you can't unscrew them again. My personalised plates will be coming in a couple of weeks and I don't want the same thing happening to me.
Bunnings etc have one way screws...
Old 05-08-2012, 02:22 PM   #9
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

I had one way screws put on my plates 2 years ago. One day at the local shopping centre, NSW Police and NRMA were offering them as a free service.

I very much hope the panel beater who did my bumper resprays removed them with the correct tool. I can see they're back on again, but they look tampered with.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
au adam

Stolen plates can be re issued in Vic,friend had his car stolen and after a while he got them removed from the stolen plates list.They were remade and re issued to another car.
au adam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #11
JK47

I had my car stolen and never recovered,went to the RTA and they reissued me the same plates again.
Got pulled up twice by those camera's that check plates,police asked me for the event number and changed it on the computor,never been pulled over since .,was about 4years ago may have changed now...NSW.......J K.
JK47 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thats pretty sad. you spend money on stuff and a***holes steal stuff!!!!
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 06-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #13
Lightning Strike GT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

In QLD i have 2 sets nicked -
Event 1 while the car was at the station during the day - reported it got the QP number and reordered it thru PPQ (it was found on an abandoned car in Beenleigh about 3 weeks later) and the police actually returned it back to me
Event 2 rear one pinched of the car at the inlaws reported it go the QP number and had another one reissued thru PPQ - to date it has not been found and I have not had any issues with the police - transport dept or any one yet
Both time it cost me $55 for a remake from PPQ
And an 2019 MD Mondeo Trend Wagon in Platinum White
Lightning Strike GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:25 PM   #14
munkky
turbo mafia

will keep a look out in the northern side of melbourne for the scums

2008 FG G6E TURBO
AND YES IT HAS A LSD
ORSM F.C.
munkky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #15
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

According to someone I use to be friends with, if you 'plate' a car with a custom plates, you get more points then just a regular plate. Apparently.

Yep the games people make up when they have nothing worthwhile to do.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2012, 11:08 PM   #16
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I can't see any reason why anybody would want to steal these.

They can't stick em on their own car and register it with those plates and if their motive is to use stolen plates to use in association with criminal activity wouldn't you be better off using standard plates rather than custom plates in order to avoid the attention?
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,

Last edited by GT0132; 06-08-2012 at 11:14 PM.
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #17
Elks
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by au adam
Stolen plates can be re issued in Vic,friend had his car stolen and after a while he got them removed from the stolen plates list.They were remade and re issued to another car.
100% correct. I had my plate stolen off my fairlane. The police gave me a letter to drive with in case i got pulled over. Vic roads re issued the plates. It cost me a few bucks but all good.

The police seem to think they would be used to steal some petrol at a self serve station then discarded.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #18
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elks
100% correct. I had my plate stolen off my fairlane. The police gave me a letter to drive with in case i got pulled over. Vic roads re issued the plates. It cost me a few bucks but all good.

The police seem to think they would be used to steal some petrol at a self serve station then discarded.
I was thinking that was the case. Why punish someone for another persons wrong doings?? I don't believe for a second that a person with re-issued stolen plates would get pulled over all the time either as whatever system they use to tell they are stolen would also be able to tell that they are now also on another car of X make, Y model and Z colour. And the chances of those details matching with the car the stolen plates are on is next to zip.......

To the OP, push to get the plates again.....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #19
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

QLD Reissue them... We have had some pinched off company cars (fancy words etc on them) they just do them again (charge $250 tho).

The plates on my GT cost me $3400 and people wonder why I won't take it to public places .... :S
2024.50 Mustang GT 10A Grabber Blue Nite Pony Package. Due Aug 24.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 12:28 PM   #20
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The RTA need to start offering those shown on Fifth Gear. they are stuck on and if you pull them off they come apart. making it useless to the thief.

With more reliance on number plate readers like toll and speeding cameras, theft is going to be a popular crime.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #21
ACEz

Hmmm I might just go pop down to bunnings and get some one way screws ! Then silicone the plate cover onto the plate !
Old 07-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #22
shane3
FPV GT 0915

I have spoken to Vicroads and they will re issue the plates, will cost me abour $70-, and the cops are sending me a letter to state the plates had been reported stolen, as to the screws, they were the tamper proof ones, they have ripped out the thread in the bumper, to get the plates off.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2012, 11:06 PM   #23
SPArKy_Dave
Too many Fords........ :)

Use small machine thread screws, and large flat washers with nyloc nuts on the back.

(Flat washers with a large footprint, but with a small hole in the middle.)

Be a pain to install, but damn difficult to remove. They couldn't rip those out of the bumper easily.

97 EL V8 wagon - cool cruiser, or street bruiser? CLICKY
93 XG panel van - at your door in 60 secs, or the first hr is FREE........ yep, that's the goal.
95 XG ute - awaiting a head gasket...... grrrrr.

74 XB GS pano..... factory optioned with all the good stuff..... not much there now. ........long term resto.
XB Coupe and Van TV Ad
you know........ there's a little bit of Bathurst in every Ford Falcon.... think about it
SPArKy_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #24
stupa

Or go one further and use button head cap screws and drill the center?
stupa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:43 AM   #25
au adam

Pop rivet
au adam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #26
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPArKy_Dave
Use small machine thread screws, and large flat washers with nyloc nuts on the back.

(Flat washers with a large footprint, but with a small hole in the middle.)

Be a pain to install, but damn difficult to remove. They couldn't rip those out of the bumper easily.
The problem with that is they will stuff the bumper trying to pull them off. You'll end up with leaver marks and scratches all around the plates as the try to pull the screws through the bumper or boot lid.

Personally I'd rather pay the $70 and get a new set of plates then the $400 excess to repair my car.

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post