Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 13-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
robbyj
Rob

Default Ute prices

Finishing my probationary license and getting my full license (at a discounted price for never receiving a demerit point has sparked an interest in a new car.

Been looking at Utes and BA's do nothing for me, and can't really afford a BF currently.

What i'm really after is a S3 XR6 manual ute, in white or blueprint, with the full tickford body kit and manual.

Something that has caught my eye, is that there is hardly any price difference between the AU utes and BA utes. Are these AU owners dreaming? Do utes really hold their value THAT well? Have people realised just how good the AU's are and that's why their prices are on par with BA's?

Yet to find an example on car sales or even ebay for what im after, they probably don't pop up for sale that often, perhaps that makes them rare?(expensive)

What are your opinions?

robbyj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

Default Re: Ute prices

Right first up - you suck for getting a cheap licence. With that out of the way, yes utes always hold their value moreso than sedans.

Been watching the market a bit myself lately and it appears the late AU's are making a bit of a comeback. The ones with a few options especially are looking quite good.

You could pickup an AU2 Pursuit for under $10k with a bit of haggling though.
Old 13-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
robbyj
Rob

bloody p platers right! always cheapin' out

Hoping to bag something for 7-8k,

probably better off buying an ordinary xr ute and getting a pursuit kit. or finding a dealer and trading my sedan in for it.

But yeah an optioned AU ute is certainly up there in the price range
Old 25-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #4
bluestripes
Q - CAR

good AU Pursuit on ebay at the moment.
$9,900 or nearest offer.
If i had the cash i would buy that and put my new 347 in it.
Au utes hold there value because they are the last of the single cam pushrod windsor.... they are fairly easy to mod - heap of performance parts, specially in the USA ... most of all - they are kick **** fun to drive.
Stick a light weight 500hp windsor under your bonnet and you wil be as happy as LARRY

347 Windsor Stroked; (10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R Series 90 manifold / Accufab 85mm Race TB / 90mm Lightening MAF / K&N 90mm pod CAI / FTI custom cam (230-236 @ 50) / Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / ASR 8lt sump / Mcleod RST Twin Plate Clutch / Pacemakers PH4006 + 3" single exhaust / BA Premium brake pac / Pedders Xtreme coil over shocks / 30mm Whiteline sway / 3.45 LSD / Custom FG bonnet / Ghia interior upgrade / Enkie Rims - staggered / Quarter Horse tuned.
bluestripes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2013, 11:17 PM   #5
motorcycles4eva
love the xa's

have you thought of an xb ute? i'm selling mine...
motorcycles4eva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #6
robbyj
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcycles4eva View Post
have you thought of an xb ute? i'm selling mine...
Sorry no thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestripes
good AU Pursuit on ebay at the moment.
$9,900 or nearest offer.
If i had the cash i would buy that and put my new 347 in it.
Au utes hold there value because they are the last of the single cam pushrod windsor.... they are fairly easy to mod - heap of performance parts, specially in the USA ... most of all - they are kick **** fun to drive.
Stick a light weight 500hp windsor under your bonnet and you wil be as happy as LARRY
Yeah have noticed that, shame it's an auto
Old 07-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
Repsorp2012
Starter Motor

Shameless plug, this one is affordable!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251256044...#ht_500wt_1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyj View Post
bloody p platers right! always cheapin' out

Hoping to bag something for 7-8k,

probably better off buying an ordinary xr ute and getting a pursuit kit. or finding a dealer and trading my sedan in for it.

But yeah an optioned AU ute is certainly up there in the price range
Repsorp2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 07-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
bluestripes
Q - CAR

Shameless but effective ... you got me to look at it ...lol

347 Windsor Stroked; (10:2.1) / TFS 190 heads / TFS R Series 90 manifold / Accufab 85mm Race TB / 90mm Lightening MAF / K&N 90mm pod CAI / FTI custom cam (230-236 @ 50) / Bosch 36lb inject / MSD coil + leads / ASR 8lt sump / Mcleod RST Twin Plate Clutch / Pacemakers PH4006 + 3" single exhaust / BA Premium brake pac / Pedders Xtreme coil over shocks / 30mm Whiteline sway / 3.45 LSD / Custom FG bonnet / Ghia interior upgrade / Enkie Rims - staggered / Quarter Horse tuned.
bluestripes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post