Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-08-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
distortion

Default Leasing a car

So I've decided to get rid of my Pajero, and lease a car (I have my own business).

I'm thinking of an 08/09 Patrol ti (diesel) due to the space. I have 3 kids, one of whom is a baby so there is all the crap that I have to take around with me...

The only other option I was considering is a Prado (obviously older). They don't look to have much boot space though!

My budget is 44k (which equals about 200 per week in lease costs). Must be diesel, MUST be 4x4, and have enough room for 2 adults, 3 kids and kid crap.

Anyone have any other options you would consider? I will take this car off road, so it must be capable...

distortion is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Default Re: Leasing a car

Don't think you can lease a car over a certain age which might rule out your 08/09 patrol idea.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #3
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, I believe the oldest a car can be is around 7 years at end of lease, imagine this would be for reliability/maintenance issues.
Old 29-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if you own your own business can't you just get a loan and claim all the expenses for the car which is similar to a lease but you do all the hard work? or your accountant does
my brother has his own business and fully financed his car as he saves more that way that buying it outright with cash....his wife is an accountant so she works all that out
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #5
jbruce69
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebv8 View Post
if you own your own business can't you just get a loan and claim all the expenses for the car which is similar to a lease but you do all the hard work? or your accountant does
my brother has his own business and fully financed his car as he saves more that way that buying it outright with cash....his wife is an accountant so she works all that out
To a degree. You have to show the % of the vehicle that is used for business, 12 week logbook, then can claim that % of costs as far as im aware.if less than $5000 a year no log book required? - this is the way I think it was explained to me
jbruce69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
ebv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, my brother has a ute and its 100% work only car so i guess he claims 100%, being a family car you would have to work out the percentage but should still work out ok
BA GT Mk1 #0009 - Narooma Blue
SY Ghia AWD
Black VZ LX8 Adventra
Holden HX 50th Anniversary
AU Saloon Car racecar
1980 GS1000ST - Wes Cooley Rep
ebv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
monte.b

If you want the best 4x4 and lots of room ,the Toyota land cruiser is the very best no doubt about it ,most mining companies use them and anybody thats into serious bush bashing ,i dont know a lot about the ford 4x4 imports so somebody might inform us but id put the Toyota up against any of them and they would win hands down,im not a fan of 4x4 type vehicles in town
monte.b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2013, 12:34 AM   #8
jstanovic
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Make sure you do your research about 3L patrols. Mainly had issues in the earlier models but some CRDs are still giving grief. Patrol4x4.com is your patrol bible.

I had 2 patrols previously (petrol) and while they were awesome offroad they weren't the best on road. I did the opposite to you and now have a Pajero, drives like a Ferrari compared to my lifted Patrols haha!
jstanovic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post