Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 28-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #1
tkfdxr
Starter Motor

Default LW ST- Centre colour display blank?

Hi all,

Apologies if this is an obvious fix, or if this has been answered before (a search showed up nothing).

I picked up my new LW ST on Thursday, and so far so good except for today. I just took a short trip, and when I jumped back in to the car and started it, the centre display (for SYNC and Nav etc.) didn't switch on.

Tried stopping and starting the car, turning the audio system on and off, and nothing. I'm unsure if this is a fault, or I'm missing something. Strange thing is, I didn't do anything, it just stopped.

Has anybody seen this before in an LW? Any tips?

Thanks in advance for your help!

tkfdxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #2
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: LW ST- Centre colour display blank?

Not aware of this one, maybe a fuse or two removal might take care of it, from where I sit now I could not advise which if any. Might be a dealer question.
Old 28-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
tkfdxr
Starter Motor

Thanks mate, was thinking of disconnecting the battery for a while. I went out to the garage to do that a couple of hours after it happened, and when I jumped in the car, it was working again.

Strange one - I'll have to keep an eye on it, and I'll mention it at the 3000km inspection.

I have to say though, after owning a BF MkII XR6 Turbo a couple of years ago, the ST has overtaken that as the most fun car I have ever owned. It's like a drug, the more time I spend in those Recaros - the more time I want to spend in the thing. Amazing car.

Last edited by tkfdxr; 28-09-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 28-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #4
tkfdxr
Starter Motor

One other thing that I've noticed - and again something I've searched for and not been able to answer - has anyone noticed that SYNC intermittently shows a contact's number instead of their name when they call?

It seems to be that numbers stored in my phone as 04xx xxx xxx show the name of the contact, whereas numbers stored as +61 4xx xxx xxx just show the number.

Not sure if this is an iPhone thing, or a SYNC thing, but I never had that issue in my last car, which was a VW Jetta.

It's kind of irritating...
Old 29-09-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
pajoda
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I do not list numbers starting with +61 or have an iPhone so difficult to offer much other than never heard of this either. Try and renumber one without the +61 and see what happens, that might be upsetting it. Don't have an answer as to why by the way.

I am with you on the "fun car to drive though".
Old 29-09-2013, 02:31 AM   #6
WILDB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mine did this trick late one night right when I needed the navigation - the screen was blank, I was planning on pulling the battery or fuse the next morning - when I went out to the car in the morning it was working fine.

If this doesn't happen to yours I would suggest pulling the negative terminal briefly.

BTW, no issues with the Names/Numbers with my HTC One or work Nokia.
WILDB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #7
EVL BOS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hey mate mine did the same I found the solution, check this thread: http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11395163

Pulling the fuse will fix it

Daily: UA11 BiTurbo Everest
Weekend Project 1999 AU XR8
Past rides:

Mondeo XR5 Turbo

RIP: FGX XR8 MANUAL Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11447239

AU Fairlane Sparkling Burgundy thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....61#post5854961

UX explorer limited

FOCUS ST,

UT Explorer limited Written OFF

BA XR8
Build Thread:
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....1299363&page=7

AU XR6 VCT

ED GLI Classic
EVL BOS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
tkfdxr
Starter Motor

That's handy to know about the fuse. Cheers for that.