Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-12-2005, 03:21 PM   #1
karl74

Default New Zetec Owner

Hi there. Last night i picked up a new Focus Zetec in Titanium Grey and have got to say i am a very happy man despite a few issues that i have brought up with the dealer. Firstly the light on the trip computer seems to take a while to go out, secondly there seems to be something rolling around inside the driver door (not sure if this was a result of the after market tiniting) and thirdly there seems to be a faint wurring noise(not too sure where it is coming from). I was wondering if any new owners were experiencing similar problems.

karl74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

The Trip computer stays lit up for a while after you get out of the car... This is normal and standard on all models.

As for the noise in the door its probarly a screw or something the tint company left in there...

Not sure about the wurring noise.

Good luck with the car!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #3
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Default New Zetec Owner

Hey! welcome to the forums.

The whurring noise could perhaps just be road and tyre noise.
Some tyres are just noisy and some are quiet... my mum has Falken ziex and they are INCREDIBLY noisy, so loud it drowns out the stereo at pretty much full blast. On the other hand the Turanzas on my Fiesta are pretty darn quiet i find.

Good luck with the very very minor little problems and get enjoy driving your new car!!
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #4
Forest Bear

Is it an automatic? If it is then its transmission whine. You'll hear it particularly at lower speeds.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2005, 09:22 PM   #5
New2Focus
LS LX Aficionado

Yup, trip computer light normal (and occasionally quite handy at night).

If the whirring changes pitch when you start to turn the wheel, it could be the power steering pump/reservoir - this was replaced on mine (warranty, of course).

Enjoy the drive.
New2Focus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-12-2005, 11:44 PM   #6
karl74

Thanks for the input guys. Went back to the dealer today and the problems are all sorted. The faint noise i could hear is apparently the electronic fuel pump, and a screw was removed from inside the door.
Now i have another issue. I just had trouble starting the car (took a few seconds to turn over). Rang the dealer again and they said it is probably the battery and to give it a charge. Does this sound right? I would have thought the battery would have been fine on a new car and wouldn't i see a warning light on the dash? Oh well i give it charge and see how we go.
Old 26-12-2005, 09:15 PM   #7
karl74

OK now it has happened for a second time. The car will turn over but won't start until you give it a bit of accelerater. Taking it in on Thursday to have the problem fixed. I still can't fully enjoy the car until this problem is sorted but i must admit it is a beautiful drive (smooth as). Wish me luck and i'll let you know the outcome.
Old 28-12-2005, 06:19 PM   #8
dazza_1011

same thing happened with mine they installed some new software or something it doesnt keep winding over now however sometimes it still doesnt start perfectly
dazza_1011 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2005, 11:39 AM   #9
FOCUSCC
Starter Motor

My LX had a really rough idle so got them to check it at 3000 service - they ended up having to totally reprogram the computer. fixed the rough idle and even seems to run smoother. have noticed that engine seems to stall easily and u have to wait a sec befor trying to restart it. can be really anoying if your in traffic. other than this have not had a single other problem with the car. Its now done over 8000km and no rattles squeaks or misaligned panels. and it drives like a dream.
FOCUSCC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

My LR used to be a pig to start randomly for no reason, then it just stopped after a month and 3 years on it's never missed a start again. Never knew what happened.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:49 PM   #11
karl74

Well i got my car back from the dealer about 5 days ago and it has been fine so far. After running all tests they could find nothing wrong. I have my first fresh tank of premium in it now so we'll see how it goes.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:36 PM   #12
WASP
Whipple Induced

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl74
OK now it has happened for a second time. The car will turn over but won't start until you give it a bit of accelerater. Taking it in on Thursday to have the problem fixed. I still can't fully enjoy the car until this problem is sorted but i must admit it is a beautiful drive (smooth as). Wish me luck and i'll let you know the outcome.
Must be a titanium Zetec thing..lol. Ours did the same thing and it ended up being a faulty battery which was leaking slowly and losing charge. You can check this by having a look under or around the battery for paint corrosion from the battery acid. I was told that it's not the first LS Focus to have the same issue and Ford are looking into it with the battery manufacture.

Our car is now booked in for a partial engine bay respray :( Other than that, it's been a great little machine:sm_headba
Old 05-01-2006, 11:05 PM   #13
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought a new titanium grey focus zetec too but i haven't had any problems and it's got 9400ks on it now, the 20 inch wheels with 30 profile tyres make the ride quality suffer a little but hey, they look good
Zetec20 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 12:20 AM   #14
zetec
Zoom Zoom

God damn... 20's?!?!!! WE WANT PICS!!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:54 AM   #15
karl74

I second that. Bring on the pics!
Old 06-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #16
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

I think that's a pic in his avatar
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2006, 12:56 PM   #17
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah i've got pics but i'm new to forums in general any help on how to post and i'll grace these pages with the hottest near stock focus you'll ever see lol, so far i've just got the 20 x 7.5 Dolce DC-12s specially imported and stud pattern modified to fit, also i've got 20% tints all round. Soon i'll hopefully be getting pedders lowered springs (2 inch drop i tihnk), extractors (probably custom i don't think anywhere makes them yet), 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust, and a custom cold air intake. Just waiting on my brother who owes me money
Old 31-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #18
karl74

After clocking 2000km in the new Focus and after the few niggles i had at the start i must admit that i am very much in love with it. No more problems with starting. Everyone has their preferences on the model, colour etc but i'm sure we all agree that these cars are fantastic.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:49 PM   #19
Zetec20
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl74
i'm sure we all agree that these cars are fantastic.
Agreed, Foci are the greatest cars ever, and my opinion is in no way biased