Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 02-02-2015, 05:28 PM   #1
Raaf Hornet
Starter Motor

Default 2010 Ford Fiesta WT LX PowerShift

Hi all Im currently looking for a first car for my daughter, she really likes the 2010 Fiesta. I have read many a bad report on these cars regarding the transmission, in fact two that we had a look at on the weekend, one had the transmission replaced three months ago and the other is having it replaced this week, both by Ford. My questions are, have Ford corrected these transmission issues now and if so what warranty do they give on the replacement one. Thanks for any feedback, I appreciate it, Jeff
Raaf Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2015, 06:09 PM   #2
Ratmick
IT Drone from Sector 7G
Donating Member2

Default Re: 2010 Ford Fiesta WT LX PowerShift

My partner has a 2010 LX Fiesta, but it's a turbo-diesel sedan and a manual...and you're probably not wanting feedback on either of these.

But if you do we've had no trouble at all with her car at all, apart from part of the rubber seal inside the LH rear door coming adrift (stuck back down with double-sided tape). It you live on a dirt road the wheels and tyres are a bit small to deal with potholes.

Apart from that it's like driving a little roller skate and it goes pretty well, good first car for your daughter.
Ratmick is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-02-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
Raaf Hornet
Starter Motor

Thanks Ratmick, yeah I should have said it is the petrol Auto version. Cheers mate
Raaf Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #4
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a 1.4 litre Fiesta with a 4 speed torque converter auto still round in 2010 -current shape.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post