Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 08-02-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default LR Zetec Tyres

Guys, I just did a quick look through, and havnt found a thread on LR Zetec 16" Tyres... The Size on the Goodyears is 205/50/16...
As my dad works for Bridgestone, I would probably lean towards their tyres, but they only make a GRID III and under their Firestone Brand they have a Wide Oval. Dunlop have the SP Sport 3000a and Michelin have the Pilot Preceda, Goodyear have Eagle NCT 5 Eco & Eagle Ventura & Revspec RS-02, Pirelli have a couple, but are probably exxy Pzero Nero
Now i am certain there are other types of tyres out there, but I think i have covered most of the "Quality and Affordable brands".

any thoughts on any of these as a preference, I would prefer to lean towards wet weather performance as opposed to outright dry grip.

Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Scareybear
GRRRR.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyvan
Guys, I just did a quick look through, and havnt found a thread on LR Zetec 16" Tyres... The Size on the Goodyears is 205/50/16...
As my dad works for Bridgestone, I would probably lean towards their tyres, but they only make a GRID III and under their Firestone Brand they have a Wide Oval. Dunlop have the SP Sport 3000a and Michelin have the Pilot Preceda, Goodyear have Eagle NCT 5 Eco & Eagle Ventura & Revspec RS-02, Pirelli have a couple, but are probably exxy Pzero Nero
Now i am certain there are other types of tyres out there, but I think i have covered most of the "Quality and Affordable brands".

any thoughts on any of these as a preference, I would prefer to lean towards wet weather performance as opposed to outright dry grip.
Yokohama make the C-Drive which is an awesome tyre, or try the Falken Azenis, a semi-race tyre both reasonably priced and offer great performance in the wet and dry.

If you sneeze with your eyes open, do your eyes pop out??
Scareybear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #3
tabaccs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scareybear
Yokohama make the C-Drive which is an awesome tyre, or try the Falken Azenis, a semi-race tyre both reasonably priced and offer great performance in the wet and dry.
I have the C-Drives on my zetec 16 inchers and culdn say a bad thing about em.. not too expensive either..

ST170 Side Indicators, K&N Panel Filter, Factory Scuff Plates,
Leather/Alloy Handbrake Cover, Body Kit
tabaccs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GIII I had on my 16's not once complaint I had about them. Much better than the NCT5's
FOCUSonTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2006, 11:54 PM   #5
Mick K.

Most people replying to this thread http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=35586 about 17" tyres say the Goodyear F1 GS-D3 are good - they also come in 205/50/16.

MK
Mick K. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #6
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCUSonTHIS
GIII I had on my 16's not once complaint I had about them. Much better than the NCT5's
What was wear like on these? (As i said Dad works at Bridgestone, so get somewhat of a discount...) Ie, do you remember how many KM you got from a set? I guess my target Km is about 40,000km+ I dont drive hard anymore, gone are the days tyres would only last 15,000km.

Mick K, Thanks for that feedback... I will check out that thread, some web sites are easy to navigate for a certain size, others are just plain hard... unfortunately the Goodyear one was a little difficult.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #7
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Um i got 25k out of them coz im a bad driver...burnouts lol...but im sure u will get a lot more than me
Old 09-02-2006, 12:17 AM   #8
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Hahaha, I think the original Tyres i had on my Laser (96) i got 9,000km out of.... the last set before i sold it, I got 64,000 out of...

So by your reckoning, I think i could get 50,000 out of a set...

What were the like in the wet? Grip like a leach to a british backpackers butt?
Old 09-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #9
FOCUSonTHIS
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could if you drive like an old man. In the wet I found the grip good. But not too good when I dropped the clutch. Them days are over and I take it easy
Old 09-02-2006, 08:34 PM   #10
zetec
Zoom Zoom

The Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's are highly highly recommended for both wet and dry and have won past Wheels tyre tests in 16-inch spec fitted to the LR Zetec test car, so you don't get any more perfect than that!

I have Michelin Pilot Precedas but they're not so brilliant in the wet, stunning in the dry though. I'll get the Eagles as my next set.