Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 12-02-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default leaking coolant

i recently renewed my coolant -flushed cleaned...etc - but when i turn the car on or turn it off after a long time driving the coolant ends up on the cement and stains it but it comes from the overflow hose EVERYTIME

what can i do?

the levels are correct, correct fluid, correct procedure im guessing there is air in the system dont really know

S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Try letting the car idle for 5 or 10 minutes with the radiator cap off. That should get any air out of the system. Aslo check to make sure your thermo fans are coming on.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
stiddy
Banned

My car does this aswell after a drive, hard or soft either way it spits coolant out of the over flow...
I took the thermostat out and it seemed to stop the problem, but from what i gather its not a good thing and i need a thermostat in there..
since ive taken it out, the gauge dosnet even make it into the normal section.. it sits on the line between COLD and NORMAL.. which to me is running too cool..
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #4
HLC
Audi S3

mine was dumping coolant for a while, after driving, hard and soft... yet the temp never read much more than just above the start of normal...

turns out i had a cracked radiator.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Simple fix..
Take the cap off, turn on the heater and let it purge itself @ 2000rpm for about 10 mins..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

As svo347 said, purge the system of air is very important and is a must-do after replacing coolant or cooling system parts.

Also you might try changing your 120psi "Non Recovery Cap" to a 135psi "Coolant Recovery Cap". Apparently the "Coolant Recovery Cap" gives a more uniform coolant system pressure throughout and as a result, the complete cooling system operates more efficiently.

http://www.are.com.au/feat/techt/imp...diator_cap.htm
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2006, 09:20 PM   #7
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

thanks guys problem solved there was still abit of air in the system dont no where from cause ive already done the heater thing though not at 2000rpm just idle speed anyways thanks again now some studying to do (stupid uni)
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post