Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-11-2015, 01:52 PM   #1
EdA
Starter Motor

Default Focus sync issue

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix 'sync' on a 2013 focus trend, I am currently unable to connect a phone to the system. I've searched everywhere online and people suggest that you can do a forced reboot by pulling the fuse. I've tried this but not had any success; I pulled the two fuses for the audio system from the fuse box under the passenger glove compartment.
Unfortunately I can't access the sync settings in the menu, if I try and switch to phone mode it does nothing, and if I press aux it goes to that for a split second and then back to previous radio / cd selection.

I don't seem to have a usb connection point and the Ford sync website says that my car should be up to date anyway with the latest version of ford sync.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ed
EdA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #2
CatonaPC©

Default Re: Focus sync issue

Does everything else on SYNC work as it should? If so, try connecting another phone. If it connects, the problem may be your phone.

Try these pages also:

http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...th-myford.html

https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...ter-reset.html
CatonaPC© is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2015, 08:02 PM   #3
EdA
Starter Motor

Nothing else on sync works unfortunately! Did all ford focus in 2013 have sync? It seems strange to have a phone option if it doesn't work lol. I will have a look over those links thanks for the help
Old 09-11-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
CatonaPC©

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdA View Post
Nothing else on sync works unfortunately! Did all ford focus in 2013 have sync? It seems strange to have a phone option if it doesn't work lol. I will have a look over those links thanks for the help
Your only hope is to take it to Ford for a full diagnostic. They might be able to reset everything for you.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
EdA
Starter Motor

Yeah it is starting to seem that way. Already have it booked in for a service because the clutch is slipping so I'll get them to look at it then. Pretty crazy that it's only two years old with 14000kms and has all this trouble already! Thanks for the advice
Cheers,

Ed
Old 09-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #6
marko
Marko

No USB? Not in the centre consol with the AUX plug?

Sent while boosting ....
Old 09-11-2015, 10:26 PM   #7
marko
Marko

Anyway, still under warranty so take it back

Sent while boosting ....
Old 09-11-2015, 10:49 PM   #8
EdA
Starter Motor

No usb in the centre console, only auxiliary port I could find was a headphone jack in the glove box which doesn't seem to work either!
Old 09-11-2015, 11:51 PM   #9
CatonaPC©

Quote:
No usb in the centre console, only auxiliary port I could find was a headphone jack in the glove box which doesn't seem to work either!
An Auxiliary port and headphone jack are two different things. So, when you say it's not working, it's not clear what you are attempting to do.

I am somewhat surprised your 'clutch is slipping' after only 14,000km in a 2-3 year old car. Hopefully you're able to sort out both issues at your next service.

Last edited by CatonaPC©; 09-11-2015 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:32 AM   #10
EdA
Starter Motor

What I was trying to do was use any of the audio systems connections to an external device. Aux button, phone button, none of these do anything on my stereo.

Yes it is strange that the clutch is slipping so early in. I can only assume it is a calibration issue as there is no way the clutch has worn that quickly. Cruising along if I floor it the clutch just slips and shudders, it's not engaged properly. Perhaps clamping pressure on the clutch is not enough.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:05 AM   #11
marko
Marko

Probably more flywheel or pressure plate than clutch plate.

Sent while boosting ....
Old 01-02-2016, 11:19 PM   #12
JJ235
Starter Motor

Quote:
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix 'sync' on a 2013 focus trend, I am currently unable to connect a phone to the system. I've searched everywhere online and people suggest that you can do a forced reboot by pulling the fuse. I've tried this but not had any success; I pulled the two fuses for the audio system from the fuse box under the passenger glove compartment.
Unfortunately I can't access the sync settings in the menu, if I try and switch to phone mode it does nothing, and if I press aux it goes to that for a split second and then back to previous radio / cd selection.

I don't seem to have a usb connection point and the Ford sync website says that my car should be up to date anyway with the latest version of ford sync.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ed

I've encountered the same problem though I've had my 2011 model since new and not had any issues with the sync till now. USB, Aux and Bluetooth (Phone + Audio) don't connect. When I plug my ipod or phone in to the USB port the ipod tries connecting but then returns to the radio/cd screen and the phone charge comes on and then turns off (when working properly in the past the phone would keep charging continuously).

My Ford dealer told me that I had to replace the entire module in the glove box due to a fuse for the cost of ~$1300.

Considering taking it to a car audio shop to see their diagnosis if they can fix it for cheaper. Was also told by the dealer that the module is past the manufacturer warranty and not covered by any Ford warranty.
JJ235 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post