Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #1
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default World's Greatest Shave - March 2016

Earlier this year I participated in the World’s Greatest Shave to help raise money for the Leukaemia Foundation. Unfortunately I lost my Aunty to Leukaemia last year, so know first-hand how devastating it can be for those suffering from this horrible disease, as well as their families and friends.

With the help of many of you I was able to raise over $2,500 this year, an awesome achievement! By the time I shave my head again in March next year I’m hoping (with your help!) to beat that.

The money you give you will go towards research, which is needed to find better treatments and cures for leukaemias, lymphomas, myeloma and related blood disorders. Your sponsorship will also support families when they need it most, providing leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma patients with a free home-away-from-home near hospital during their treatment. It will also be used to help transport them to appointments and provide as much practical assistance and emotional support as possible, all free of charge.

I know you all love pics, and can attest that I delivered on shaved head pics last time. So would greatly appreciate some donations from anyone who can spare a few bucks

If you'd like to donate please head here:
http://my.leukaemiafoundation.org.au/danielowen

Cheers,
Dan
graphicgoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2016, 04:59 PM   #2
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: World's Greatest Shave - March 2016

I thought I should share an update on my progress raising money to shave my head in March for The World’s Greatest Shave. With many of your help I was able to raise over $2,500 last year for this worthy cause and have set my goal for this year to match or beat that. So far this year I’ve been able to raise $820 of my $2,500 goal and am asking for your help to raise the rest.

If you’d like to donate then please visit the following link:

Cheers,
Dan
Old 21-03-2016, 04:26 PM   #3
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well, as promised, I shaved my head for The World's Greatest Shave (pic below).

Been able to raise nearly $1,400 this year towards this worthy cause. If you'd still like to donate, it's not too late! You can donate using this link:

Cheers,
Dan
Old 21-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #4
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Good job mate, id do it but my head always looks like that lol
Old 21-03-2016, 06:48 PM   #5
graphicgoose
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha cheers mate! Believe it or not, that's straight after using a 5-blade razor...my hair is pretty thick