Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-03-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Another happy ending to a warranty claim...

Hope this is not a repost.............but I'm in disbelief.

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/in...pic=23511&st=0

So obviously Ford reps read these forums and keep a profile of users.
Be very very wary of what you post on these forums.

Just for the record I've never taken my performance xr8 ute above 3000 RPM. :

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 08:58 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Also best to show pics of vehicles without the lic plates shown...
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
Dave_au
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A). It's heresay, therefore will not stand in a court of law - ION didnt see the guy thrashing the car.

B). That alleged suggestion by ION therefore disqualifies all Police, hire and emergency vehicles from gear box warranty.

So either someone doesn't have a clue how the law works, or someone is having this guy on.
Dave_au is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

That is crap. If Ford are going to start referring us to their bloody suppliers maybe we should have some say in what is put into the car..........
Old 07-03-2006, 10:31 PM   #5
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If your gonna declare on the forums that you wring its neck, then thats all the proof the company needs to deny you warranty. They can fight it court. I'm sure making a statement next to your name is seen as a declaration of some kind. I don't understang why people say the flog their car, they mod it, they chip, they flash it, and when something breaks, then they complain when ford knock back ther warranty claim. I guess its the same as ford sending out employees to track days to note down rego and VIN numbers. I guess he has no-one else to blame but himself. He made the statement in the first place.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #6
Scott

Just read that and I'd be p1ssed. I wonder what Ford do for warranty on cars that Motor or Wheels have flogged the ring out of? What about demonstrators where you can't vouch for the whole history?

Built Ford Tough. Built for Puropose??
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:40 PM   #7
mrgo40rd

i work for alfa romeo as a tech we can tell if your been thrashing your alfa by the info on the ecu have had cases where people have blown gearboxes and have check data and found customer has redlined the vehicle over 250 times not sure if ford can do the same thing
mrgo40rd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:51 PM   #8
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgo40rd
i work for alfa romeo as a tech we can tell if your been thrashing your alfa by the info on the ecu have had cases where people have blown gearboxes and have check data and found customer has redlined the vehicle over 250 times not sure if ford can do the same thing
Does it tell u if it was in gear at the time? Is dyno time considered?
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #9
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

Is an absolute joke that Ford moniters some of it's most passionate fans just to use what they say against them...

I knew they came on here but to use it against you is just not on!

Feel sorry for that guy, couldn't it easily be reversed by him making a public apology saying he had mislead all the Forum members and that he atually drives like a Granny, just as legit as what he had previously said!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-03-2006, 11:19 PM   #10
Wokkas
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
If your gonna declare on the forums that you wring its neck, then thats all the proof the company needs to deny you warranty. They can fight it court. I'm sure making a statement next to your name is seen as a declaration of some kind. I don't understang why people say the flog their car, they mod it, they chip, they flash it, and when something breaks, then they complain when ford knock back ther warranty claim. I guess its the same as ford sending out employees to track days to note down rego and VIN numbers. I guess he has no-one else to blame but himself. He made the statement in the first place.

Gee mate, that's a bit harsh. :nutsycuck I can understand Ford denying warranty for mods, but because you thrash the car?? Where is point where normal driving becomes thrashing? If you can't drive the engine high up in the rev-range, why don't they rev-limit engines at 2500rpm?

I think Ford's just making themselves look stupid. They make a turbo 6 that puts out 240Kws, the sole purpose of the car is to appeal to the speed freak market, but sh*t no, you can't thrash it.
Wokkas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #11
RSgerry
Well hello Mr Fancypants

the XR6Turbo is built, marketed and sold as a performance car. that alone would shoot ford down in court. if ford dont want to honour claims, then they should drop the whole "XR" thing and stick to building taxis. these cars were bought to be driven hard. i know the warranty usually states that it only covers normal wear and tear, but you would expect the definition of normal to be different between an XR and a non XR.
RSgerry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 10:39 AM   #12
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSgerry
the XR6Turbo is built, marketed and sold as a performance car. that alone would shoot ford down in court. if ford dont want to honour claims, then they should drop the whole "XR" thing and stick to building taxis. these cars were bought to be driven hard. i know the warranty usually states that it only covers normal wear and tear, but you would expect the definition of normal to be different between an XR and a non XR.
I agree, surely normal wear and tear on a performance car is performance driving. Ford consider it a performance car, so do the insurance companies, food for thought. It really is a battle of definitions.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #13
EA2BA
PM me if you want

I read it on the internet so it must be true !

I could say that I redline my brand new BA every single day from cold when I start it up, I said it but I could be bragging for the hell of it.

Next if you state you did 200kph down the Monash the police will fine you cause its on the internet.

If the internet is being used to justify a knock back on warranty then what hope does the world have.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
dzynafalcon
Grafik Dzyna

big businesses these days are no longer in the business of providing quality goods and services. the focus has shifted from customer satisfaction to shareholder-wallet-lining. calling FordCare a "customer service" is bullcrap.
If something breaks as a direct result of poor manufacture, then it should be covered by warranty. But if it breaks due to driving style, then it all comes back to the customer.
Whatever happened to customer relations? Gone are the days of the two golden rules of business:
1. The customer is ALWAYS right
2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule number 1.
dzynafalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2006, 07:25 PM   #15
Psycho Chicken
Banned

What a complete load of tripe. It's blatently obvious it's not his fault it's blown up. He's clearly stated if they prove he did it he'll pay up, yet they don't offer any proof.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-03-2006, 05:28 AM   #16
qwigybo
hunting 300kw's

bunch of ****ers ford are turning into... really putting me off buying a new xr6t this year. might go one out of warranty and get the gearbox strengthened along with everything else :
qwigybo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post