Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #31
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Jag E-type trivia

These were a wet dream back in the late 60s and early 70s and relatively cheap to buy secondhand, when I had the (mis)fortune to be invited for a drive by a workmate who had a coupe. I'm 6ft tall, he was about 5ft6.
The clutch and steering were heavy, the brakes .... well, they sort of worked, and the driving position for me, cramped and bluddy uncomfortable. I expressed my appreciation to him, but, in my mind I put the E-type on the list of cars that were nice to look at ....... end of story.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 12:50 PM   #32
railtrolley

A couple of weeks before Christmas, I was on Kingsford Smith Dve in Brisbane, and was following a tilt tray, which had an E type coupe on it, and driving behind this was some lucky person in an E type convertible.

Fair enough, I thought too. Probably a too risky to hitch the convertible to the tilt tray's towing frame. I was on my own, so unable to get the phone camera out to capture this rare moment.

Tilt Bullbar before raising cab

2004 BA Mk1 XR8 - SS inductions big mouth Vortex intake. Dual exhaust.
railtrolley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2017, 02:54 PM   #33
Pis-ton broke
Banned

i,m a fan of the e type, and yes i heard that Enzo Ferrari said that the Etype was "the most beautiful car ever made".

i like the c and d too. c type replicas are selling for over 100k and a c type original sold over 30 million , quite some time ago.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post