Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-03-2006, 08:09 PM   #31
Psycho Chicken
Banned

My XB will be getting regoed in Vic even though I'll be living in Queensland most likely. Annual fee? What the hell for? I own the damn things. Money grabbing at it's finest.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 08:27 PM   #32
DDXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I saw the plate "9LIVES" (suit Jaguar etc) for sale in the trading post for offers over $10,000. I messaged the guy, and asked him if he had sold them ... he said no, so i replied with "good luck" :nutsycuck

Me?! Ill be paying the 240 a year fee for either "QKSLVR" or "XR GHIA" _2:
DDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #33
Rollin
Banned

the yearly fee is the biggest load! im so thankfull they dont have that up here, i just have the 2 number/3 letter $395 jobbies, i like them a lot

would love a set of "ROLLIN" plates though, but some ИИИИer has already got them! hope they slipped with the screwdriver when fitting them and stabbed themselves in the eye!!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #34
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Default Thankyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by yldxr
AU as in gold i take it

ie gold e lox
Yep that is good a little cryptic and have not brushed up on chem for a long time but very clevor.

Anybody want to buy a set of Prestige plates in QLD for under their replacement cost.

Thought it was romantic when I first got them but might work for someone else
$2000 includes accesory plate Gold on black Perfect condition

Old 22-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #35
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR-ENVI
I wonder how many people go out and buy up on personalised plates and then try and flog them off at unbelieveable prices. i dont think, even if i was desperate for the plate, that i would give people like this my money unless they were asking the price they are really worth

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ULTIMATE-NUMB...QQcmdZViewItem
XR-ENVI have you got the details of that airbrushing company who did your bay ? and how much did you pay ?
Professor Farnsworth is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #36
Nappa
Impressive...

About a year ago Unique Cars had an add for a few different plates, one was
"COXPL8" so im guessing some horse person would want it, you'd have a bit of cash cos they were asking 150K, how stupid for a peice of cheap metal.
Nappa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 11:07 AM   #37
loxxr6
XB in parts...

NSW plate prices are a rort.

I'm lucky enough not to have to pay the full $400+ for totally custom ones. The ones i have now (2 letters,2 numbers, 2 letters combo in red) are $130 a year + rego.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 11:17 AM   #38
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by loxxr6
NSW plate prices are a rort.

I'm lucky enough not to have to pay the full $400+ for totally custom ones. The ones i have now (2 letters,2 numbers, 2 letters combo in red) are $130 a year + rego.
Hope VIC never turns to that sytem. My cusom plates i paid $395 for, (6 letters) but it's a once off, you just pay normal reg costs per year after that.
Professor Farnsworth is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #39
XW Boy
Being built not bought.

Best plates that i've seen for sale in Unique cars i think it was, were FORD the guy was asking 20k from memory.
XW Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #40
XRated
Shoot.

Does anyone actually pay the premium because some toss-pot wants to make a few k?

It's just greedy IMO.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #41
hotxy71
i want a blower.....

The guy who ran our local milk bar used to buy heaps of number plates and re-sell them. he kept a list behind the counter and would always ask us if we had come up with any new ideas! Things people to do to make a quick buck!

Has anyone been offered any cash for their plates? About 2 years ago, I was at a servo and some bloke walked up to the XY and offered $5000 for my MR-XY plates. As tempting as it was, i just cant part with them. Guess he just had too much money that day!

Stocky but tidy!

XY Fairmont Sedan
Electric Blue
302 Windsor
C4
Custom Exhaust
18" ROH RT's
hotxy71 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2006, 11:24 PM   #42
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

These ones cost me once off $395

theres a few ways you can look at it.
Old 24-03-2006, 10:28 PM   #43
oyob2003

I pay $70 a year for my blue plates because I bought them in the promotional period AAA44A year of birth.
oyob2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #44
[Tonko]
What's green is gold

i seen JPAUL2 (the dead pope) on ebay for $80,000 and PHASE3 in the trading post for $25000 there was a ricie in shepp with ITERXU (it erects u) that was cool at the time.....

EF XR8 - Koni's - Cam and Headwork -3.9s - Ex VIC TMU -

1982 Nissan Patrol - 460 ci Big Block soon - Semi Gloss Black - Dark Tint - 4x 6" Infinity Kappa Perfect Splits - 5" Kappa 2 ways - Kappa 6x9's - 2x12" Kappa perfect subs - 2x4 Channel and 2x Mono Kappa amps-

[Tonko] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post